• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

daily routine

gemleigh

New Kit
hi i was just wondering what is everyones daily routine with there rabbits and how much one on one time do they get???thankyou.:D

Hiya, I get home at about 6 and let mine out until about midnight. My OH usually lets them out in the mornings. Weekends they get to spend pretty much all day out.

Feed is always before bed and first thing in the morning. Before bed is the only way I can get them back into their hutch :lol:

(Mine are house buns- Timmy and Mimi a bonded pair and Max currently single but soon to be bonded)

8am- Bunny breakfast time! Play with Timmy and Mimi.

10.30am- Clean Timmy and Mimis litter tray (in bedroom) Fresh hay and water.
10.45am- Shut Timmy and Mimi in bedroom and let Max out of kitchen for free range time.
11am- Clean out Maxs litter tray (usually with his *help* :roll:) fresh hay and water. Play with Max.
2pm- Put Max back into kitchen for afternoon snooze and let T&M out of bedroom.
6pm- Veggie time for all! Grooms and loves of T&M
6.30pm- Shut T&M away and let Max out. Loads of grooms and loves!
9-9.30pm- Fresh hay and water for Max and shut him in the kitchen for the night. Let T&M back out. Fresh hay and water for them. They usually go to bed when we do.

When Im off work I spend most of the day with my buns, even if its just hanging out on here with them flopped by my feet :love:
Life will be so much easier when Max is bonded to T&M :roll::lol:

Indoor bunny - Fed about 8am, let out at about 5.30, follows us up to bed and stays out until about 7.30am. Fed at bedtime - 10.30ish too

I'm afraid I don't have one. I never work set times so...
I open the door to their room at sometime in the morning, do a quick tidy top up hay and water. Sometime later they get some veg. In the afternoon I sit with them/craft. Just before I go to bed they get their pellets and more hay and water.

Mine are outdoor buns.

As it's so dark in the morning I don't uncover the aviary until 7.30, then they have fresh water, some of their pellets and a bun tickle if I'm quick enough :roll:

9.30 ish - they have some of their dried forage foods (fresh when in season)

11.30ish - I clean them out, they chew holes in my rubbish bag, throw the litter trays around, steal the brush etc......I sit with them while the chew my feet and climb up my legs until the gey bored and head off for snuggle time.

12 - 4pm - snuggle time - I will be completely ignored if I go to see them during this time :roll:

4.30 - fenugreek crunchie time

8.00pm - supper and bed (much later in the summer when it's light)

6:30am > Let out to free-range + hay + water
7:30am > more hay
11am > more hay
12:30-1pm > Veggies/Herbs + Hay
3-4pm > more hay
7:30pm > half their pellet allowance (whilst we're eating tea)
9:30pm > the other half of their pellet allowance
midnightish > Yet more hay and a fenugreek crunchie each to ensure eating before bedtime > Put into their dog crate for night time

:wave:

It varies a bit though, depending on whats going on, but thats mostly it :)

Currently indoor buns but will be back outside in spring :wave:

10amish: pellets, hay and water, make sure the blankets are intact ect
1pmish: check on the bunsters, if the weather is nice open the door to the conservatory so they get fresh air and a breeze
2pmish:close the door again
5pm: treat time and check the hay levels
9.30/10pm: bed time pellets and hay
:D

Around 8am i open up their catflap so they can go out the run and they get their pellets & hay and clean litter trays
Around 4 they get their veggies
Any time around 7-10 they get a treat
10pm/half past 10 i lock them in the shed-Bed time:):wave:

Everythings different on weekends though:lol::roll:

Indoor bunnies.

8am - Mum feeds the lionheads - 1 eggcup of pellets and couple of handfuls of hay
About 11am-noon I feed the lops the same
Late afternoon to evening - open the baby gate and put one litter tray on the landing so that the lionheads can have a run around
Around dinner time - do greens
After dinner - clean lionheads bowl, give pellets, more hay, quick sweep up, check water, shut gate back up and put litter tray back
Before bed - clean lops bowl, give pellets, more hay, quick sweep up, check water

Every 2-3 days - change litter trays
Every 1-2 weeks - empty old litter trays on allotment compost heap and wash out with boiling water

At the moment:
outdoor buns

7am feed and check over, quick cuddle with dad first (he;s still sulking), and then check the babies.

9.30am quick cleanout of both, neither use litter trays so I just scoop up where they mess and replace the litter. Check mum over.

Midday, let dad into the lounge for a run and spend the next three hours catching him. Feed mum and check babies.

3pm put dad in the run and give mum some handfuls of grass.

4pm put heater on and prepare night food.

6pm get dad in and brush / fuss him. Feed if mum's run out

8pm feed. pick up any poo and do water etc.

midnight ish, feed, check babies, give mum a fuss and dad a good night fuss.

Each feed includes veg, pellets and a small amount of hay. If I put too much in they just poo on it.

7am - Uncover all hutches. Give all rabbits breakfast and health checks (i.e. check those who have been operated on and general heath checks for the others). Change water bottles. Administer any medication. Heat pads for those who need them.

Depending on weather the rabbits will go out in runs (depending on whos turn it is as of the rota). Rabbits that are in the runs have their hutches emptied, cleaned and disinfected then left to air out. Administer any medication.

Depending on time of year (when it gets dark) all rabbits in runs have their hutches re-furnished, all rabbits are fed. The ones who have not been out are cleaned. Administer any medication then I do second health checks (i.e. check those who have been operated on and general heath checks for the others). Heat pads for all that need it. Finally all bunnies are covered up for the night. We have approx. 20 rabbits in at the moment but as I have a set routine it doesn't take as long as it sounds :)

In between all this I am sorting out rodents, walking dogs, showing people round who are adopting... oh yes and doing coursework and seeing OH :lol:

Last edited:
My two are outdoor buns, they live in a shed. This is their winter times as it gets dark earlier and in summer I spend most if my time outside with them.

7:45- I go see them before school, they get fed a bit of pellets and a top up of hay.

3:40- I go see them when I get in from school to check on them, play with them, hold them etc

4-5ish- I feed them another small handful of pellets, hay, herbage, forage, veg, clean water and change their litter tray. I also sit with them for a bit too.

10- My last check on them and say goodnight

On weekends I spend most if my day with them if I can :)

Back