• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lino the best flooring for bunnies in sheds, hutches and your house.

Ambience

Warren Veteran
I haven't found anything that beats it yet. Has anyone else? I absolutely love it- in addition to some bath mats and towels etc.

What is the best place online people are getting lino cheaply at the moment? I know you can get offcuts for free or cheaply from local carpet stores.

The Range have some lino very cheaply at the moment. I don't know where you can get it online because it's so big!

It makes it so much easier to clean doesn't it :) The non-slip stuff is a must though or the bunnies end up sliding about!

I don't think that online would be cheaper than a carpet store.

You can get the sticky back vinyl tiles in poundland.

I bought my Lino from B&Q. £25 i think for 6x6ft :wave:

Couldnt get it much cheaper anywhere else.

Can I ask what you guys stick your lino down with?? :oops:

Our playhouse has arrived for the impending aviary project, just the small matter of redoing & extending the patio first:roll: :( , and I am so excited to get everything for it.

Also how do you tell if it is non slip? :oops:

Sorry for dumb questions, I've never had to put lino down before so not sure!

You can get the sticky back vinyl tiles in poundland.

From experience these do not last as the cold and heat of winter / summer tends to make them lift and the bunnies get to the raised edges far earlier than I can get in and secure them again with adhesive.

Can I ask what you guys stick your lino down with?? :oops:

Our playhouse has arrived for the impending aviary project, just the small matter of redoing & extending the patio first:roll: :( , and I am so excited to get everything for it.

Also how do you tell if it is non slip? :oops:

Sorry for dumb questions, I've never had to put lino down before so not sure!

Any lino adhesive will do. Just make sure that you leave the place well ventilated until any vapour has gone as it is not good on your own or rabbits lungs.

Any lino adhesive will do. Just make sure that you leave the place well ventilated until any vapour has gone as it is not good on your own or rabbits lungs.

Thank you janice :), I'll give it a good few days to ventilate, I'm going to paint it aswell I think, so will get both jobs done at the same time.

For those of you with lino in hutches, what do you use on top to keep bunnies warm? Do you all use hay or do you use vet bed/towels/fleeces etc? Just about to set up a new hutch for Nigel and his new wifey bun and I wondered if there was an alternative to using hay (although they will have an indoor compartment full of hay as well as anything else I use!)

For those of you with lino in hutches, what do you use on top to keep bunnies warm? Do you all use hay or do you use vet bed/towels/fleeces etc? Just about to set up a new hutch for Nigel and his new wifey bun and I wondered if there was an alternative to using hay (although they will have an indoor compartment full of hay as well as anything else I use!)

I keep floors clear, with some rabbits old towels or carpet tiles may work if they dont like the slippery surface. Many rabbits cope with it fine.

I keep floors clear, with some rabbits old towels or carpet tiles may work if they dont like the slippery surface. Many rabbits cope with it fine.

So even in the cold they are ok with just lino and some towels/fleeces? It makes sense as none of my buns burrow into the hay to keep warm, they always sit on top so I guess it makes little difference whether they sit on hay or a towel. That would make life a lot easier when cleaning out!

So even in the cold they are ok with just lino and some towels/fleeces? It makes sense as none of my buns burrow into the hay to keep warm, they always sit on top so I guess it makes little difference whether they sit on hay or a towel. That would make life a lot easier when cleaning out!

In the really cold I will often put a cardboard box in with lots of hay so that they can hide in there if they want to.

Yeah so if I fill the indoor compartment with hay then it has the sam effect I guess. Thanks, thats good to know! :wave:

*cough* My lino was expensive, cos it's the flooring in two rooms :oops:

Although, I did get a big long offcut for a tenner which did an enclosure and two shelves of a dog crate. :thumb:

Do they get sore hocks sitting on lino? Mine got sore hocks from sitting on carpet so they have the foam puzzle mats atm. Their hocks are great now but the nawty buns have started picking the mats to bits :roll: I'm looking for an alternative - is lino the answer????

Do they get sore hocks sitting on lino? Mine got sore hocks from sitting on carpet so they have the foam puzzle mats atm. Their hocks are great now but the nawty buns have started picking the mats to bits :roll: I'm looking for an alternative - is lino the answer????

Lino isn't the best thing but it's better than some carpets. My old carpet really wore away at their hocks. At one time I had all four in here bonding and three of the four showed signs of sore hocks :shock: Once I got lino they've all gone bar one hock on Mini's right leg which is the leg she dislocated so will always be slightly out of kilter but even that is stable and isn't getting any worse.

Least with lino you can put duvets or vetbed (I find uncovered vetbed makes it worse though so I cover it with a sheet) down and if they wee it wont ruin the carpet. It also means you can just shake it out and then sweep. Much easier than getting out the vacuum in my experience!

Back