• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For those of you who have indoor bases?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Do you take all the top part of the cage off and just leave it as a base or do you just leave the door open 24/7? If you leave the door open- do you use ramps for your bunny to get in and out.

We've actually taken the 2 doors off each of our crates. It gives our buns much more freedom to do as they please. We dont have ramps as our buns just hop in and out.:p

We've actually taken the 2 doors off each of our crates. It gives our buns much more freedom to do as they please. We dont have ramps as our buns just hop in and out.:p

There is still a little jump on my dog crates also and I'm worried about ava catching her leg on it as it's deformed and kind of hangs off her. I'm thinking maybe she is better with a base and then another pen attached to the current one so that the base can just be inside the pen entirely with no top on and doors etc. That would be best, just means i need to get another run to add to the existing one.

I have an extra large dog crate, the door is permanantly off.

I did make a second level to the crate when i got Herbie & Inca, but they never went up there, so it is now the shelf where i keep hay, cleaning stuff, towels etc. I suppose it is a handy shelf even for that!

This pic shows it well (this was when i was takiing a pic of Herbies 'poo pile' so ignore that! haha)
P1000767.jpg

There is still a little jump on my dog crates also and I'm worried about ava catching her leg on it as it's deformed and kind of hangs off her. I'm thinking maybe she is better with a base and then another pen attached to the current one so that the base can just be inside the pen entirely with no top on and doors etc. That would be best, just means i need to get another run to add to the existing one.

You could maybe perhaps roll 2 small hand towels up and place either side of the jump and lay a towel over there for giving her a soft ramp to use. This would have less impact on her bad leg.

Julie's cage door open down so it is the ramp but it is wire. She runs at a hundred miles an hour in and out and was catching her feet in the wire. I tried taking the ramp/door off but she was use to the ramp so was miss judging. I then covered the ramp with material that was not slippery (kinda like the anti slip stuff on the bottom of those slipper socks). This works great for her. You could make a ramp and cover it with material.

Back