• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how do they remember...

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
domesticated bunnies that is.... how do they "know" what is good for them???

Ste's mom is away and i had to feed her buns today... they like the pellets ofcourse and all got excited about fresh hay...

but the total massacre of the apple tree branches took me by surprise...

i know the babies are 1/2 wild but the two sisters (ones the mum) dived on the branches too..

its amazing that we havent bred it our of them isnt it really :love:

It's awesome isn't it Donnamt?

Mine won't eat any old wild plant which buns can eat, he'll only eat the plants which are both good for his gut AND help his sludge issues. I haven't a clue how he does it. I only found out about what they did, by researching what he was eating. :shock:

He also knows the alarm calls of more than 12 local birds. Blackbirds definitely have different calls for predator in the air & predator on the ground, & I suspect they're even more specific than that. Thumps even knows from the birds which direction danger will come from.

I haven't a clue.

He also knows the alarm calls of more than 12 local birds. Blackbirds definitely have different calls for predator in the air & predator on the ground, & I suspect they're even more specific than that. Thumps even knows from the birds which direction danger will come from.

Really, that's clever. :shock: When they're freeranging, Alfie or Bubbles will often freeze for no apparent reason - I wonder if that's why they're doing it.... or if they're just scaredy cats. :lol:

Mine have no idea what's good for them, they just like the taste of certain things. They love apple branches because there's an apply flavour in the bark - but then they also go nuts if they smell chocolate, toast or cookies.

Mine have no idea what's good for them, they just like the taste of certain things. They love apple branches because there's an apply flavour in the bark - but then they also go nuts if they smell chocolate, toast or cookies.

Same with mine, unfortunately.

Although they would freeze and Faline would thump if a seagull shadow came over when they were outside. Yet they have no idea that dogs are dangerous.

Back