• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just thinking...

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
I go to my aunties and have seen a group of 4 medium bunnies, They are out most days for a good few hours. But I notice they have 2 4ft hutches.

Is it possible to house buns seperately and excercise them together?

I have never seen any aggression in the few minutes I stare at them each time I walk past, yes I watch other peoples bunnies as well as my own!!

I think it depends on the buns. My mum has two bonded pairs, the boys get on with all buns and have problem if one lot is in the run and the other lot free ranging but one of the girls is a horror :roll:

I too think it depends on the rabbits. I know jazzywoo on here has a LOT of bunnies, like 30+, all housed seperately, but they play together in a pen in the garden.

bloke i used to work with has two girls, who are not done... i refuse to judge his reasons after the run of bad luck he had with bunnies, not his fault :cry: anyhows they are terrible together in the hutch and now have seperate homes when locked up for the night... but amazingly they are so snuggly and loved up when free range :? really strange but its how his girls are all year around, seasons dont seem to affect them neither.

Does tinsel on here house her bunnies in different places at night then have them all free range together all day? Im sure this would work better with that amount of bunnies though as they must be used to just seeing lots of bunnies where ever they look :lol: :love:. ( Im sorry if ive made this up in my head :oops:( )

Does tinsel on here house her bunnies in different places at night then have them all free range together all day? Im sure this would work better with that amount of bunnies though as they must be used to just seeing lots of bunnies where ever they look :lol: :love:. ( Im sorry if ive made this up in my head :oops:( )

I get the feeling that they are all in the same shed, but I could be making this up. I have a feeling there are hutches in the shed, but can't remeber clearly if they are locked up seperately or if they all have access and it is only new buns are 'locked up'

Schumi and Eddie weren't bonded. If Eddie got out when Schumi was out, he'd hump his face...:roll:

I bonded two of my pairs; by housing separate but in the same room; but play-out time was together; so they got used to the fact the only time out was together; both pairs have had no problems xxx

Back