• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Miserable day

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
Took 6 bunnies to the vet today for check ups, the good news is that Kate is fine and can now be rehomed but sadly not such good news for two of the others

Kate
Mixed053x2.jpg

George has a bladder tumour, this was probably form the EC that was left untreated before he was rescued, he has bouts of unrinary incontinance but has got a lot worse lately, hopefully the treatment he is on will work.

George
George002x2.jpg

Dougal has a tumour in his arm pit, it's grown a lot quite quickly and now is the size of a plum, unfortuantely as he is 9 years old Paula is reluntant to operate because she feels that giving him a GA now would not be a good idea, he is bright and still very active so unless it ulcerates or impedes his movement then we are going to leave alone for now, he is on treatment and will be closely monitored

Dougal
Mixed057x2.jpg

So it's not been a good day :cry: :cry:

I'm so sorry Theo :(

As an owner of an elderly bun who had a tumour, I can totally sympathise. It's really difficult to know what to do for the best. We decided have Winston's tumour operated on because he was unable to eat properly (it was either operate or PTS), and luckily he's fine now...but I remember being a bag of nerves at the time

Oh Theo really sorry to hear about George and Dougal, they are both so handsome :love: Please give them nose rubs from me, I would love to cuddle them right up!!

Big hugs to you Theo xxxxAt least your beautiful buns know how much you love them.Im so sorry you dont have better news

Sorry to hear that the news is not as good as hoped but at least Kate is now doing well. I hope that Dougal and George remain comfortable xx

Sorry you've had such bad news about Dougal and George, sending hugs to you x

Kate looks so much better now :love: - she was very lucky in finding her way to you:D

Thank you everyone, we will take one day at a time with them and be thankful for every extra day that they have

Could do with some advice with George though if anyone can help?

Such good news about Kate. :D

I'm so sorry to hear that things aren't so good for George and Dougal though. :( I have no experience of their problems unfortunately, but they can have lots of vibes instead. xx

Awww...poor Dougal and George!!

I don't have any advice but I wanted to send them some noserubs.

xxx

Theo, I have only just seen this.
Whilst its good news about Kate, I am so sorry about Dougal and George. Hoping they are comfortable and can enjoy a lot more time with you.

Back