• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

To owners of multiple rabbits

ChristyRose

Alpha Buck
I was just wondering how people with lots of rabbits house and exercise them all.
Do they have really large gardens?
Does each rabbit or group have a large hutch with run attached?
Is the whole garden just turned over for the rabbits to use?

excercising buns

Hi i have lots of buns, 17 all together ! they are either out in their runs or have free run of out side garage/ workshop. I have bonded them into groups to make it easier all round !! Typically one set stay in their hutch, but they all have 12 foot hutches so I dont feel guilty !

We have seven at the mo four we are keeping as the other 3 are misty's kits i have them in the spare bedroom as its cold outside and they have free time but in groups , misty and the kits then thumper and beanie xxxx

Chance, you have 12 foot hutches? WOW!!:love: Where did you get them? So are all your rabbits kept in the garage and a seperate workshop and then you let them out in groups for run around time? Is that right? Do they have outside time at all?

All 3 of my rabbits are in the house all of the time at the moment.

My two girls live in the conservatory with a double cage as their base - mainly for pooping, weeing and eating/drinking.

My little boy currently lives in the spare bedroom. However, I am in the process of bonding the three, so they love to run up and down the stairs!! :roll:

Ah thats so lovely. I have a dog, 3 cats and 2 young sons, so my bunnies have to be content with running around the summer house. :)

hutches !

I know spoilt bunnies !! I had them made by a guy in essex as I coudn't find any big enough any where, actually couldn 't have made them any cheaper. They can be split into two 6 footers if needs be .

My two giants live outside in a wendy house with a section of the garden attached. All the others are housed in a garage / old out building in hutches, with daily outside play or free fun in side garage if bad weather.

I have two pairs and they take it in turns to free range in the garden. They are in a split shed/aviary set up with each pair having 14ft x 4ft space day and night.

Pair 1 = 7 x 4 shed with 8 x 4 run attached (with additional free range time in the garden)

Pair 2 = 8 x 4 kennel/hutch with 8 x 4 run attached and 2 x 8 mezzanine level (with additional free range time in the garden)

Pair 3 = in the house in a double sized bedroom that is about 9 x 9 but with furniture items in there too.

well i have 10 bunnys 5 of which are looking for homes and i let some out in the shed to run about some go in the
run and one has a run in the garden i dont have a big garden but at
least they get some freedom from the hutchs

I have six rabbits of my own and 1 foster bun.

Frankie and Kassy have the spare room with a ledge as a another level.

Merlin and Wesley have half my room via pen and crate.

Honey free ranges in the other half. In the summer I will be bonding Honey, Merlin and Wesley.

Diego lives in the playhouse with attached aviary.

Foster boy Max has a 6 x 2 x 4 hutch run combo.

In the summer and Diego in the winter have garden time with expandable pens on rotation.

I have multiples (cos one bunny is just not enough!!)

I have a 14ftx6ft dog kennel which houses Sophie and Granit in the run (10ftx6ft) and Eeyore is in the shed (6ftx4ft)

I have a 6ftx6ft shed which houses Frankie and Belle

And I have isla in a 5ftx2ftx2ft double hutch.

I have the garden cordoned off which one / set of bunny/s can use and I have two secure runs It does mean that one set doesn't get out much, but that tends to be Sophie and Granite as they have quite a bit of space already and I feel it is Isla and Eeyore who need to be outside.

I am hoping to bond Isla and Eeyore (who will be getting a new name if it is successful) then bond them with Frank and Belle and they can have the whole of the dog kennel.

Sophie and Granite will then have the shed and once the hammies have gone I can put a hole in the brick work and permenantly attach a 5ftx6ft run and all my bunnies will be happy

Last edited:
I have 5 buns (4 seperate groups).
2 live together and have a wendy house with attached run so that houses them fine.

the others live in 5x2 hutches each and go out in to 8x4 or 6x4 runs for about 4 hours ish each day.

22 bunnies here.....5 are indoors at the moment,2 are free range 24/7 downstairs , 2 are in my bedroom freerange and the other one is in because shes poorly so she exercises in the bathroom :lol:

The others are outside , I have 2 aviary/playhouse set ups , I pair housed in a large brick built shed , I pair in a brick built shed with a hutch inside so they have the run of the shed during the day, one pair have 6x3x2 two tier hutch and a run attached , the others have hutches without attached runs (all are 6x2x2 , 2 of them two tier, 1 of them 3 tier) ...these bunnies have seperate runs on the lawn .....all bunnies also have free range time ... I have a very large garden!

9 buns here, split into 4 pairs and a single. 3 pairs have an enclosure within the BunnyGarden, one pair have half the shed with out time and the single lives in the other half of the shed with 6am ~ 7pm access to the main garden

Wow, I love the sizes of all your set ups. The ones with sheds/kennels with runs attached, are they on grass or paving slabs (or any hard surface)?
I have 5 rabbits -group of 3 and 2 and all are in a 5m x 4m summer house in fenced off areas but always thinking of different ideas so its good to hear about all of your setups!! Thank you :wave:

I have a relatively small garden, it is divided into two and each half contains one hutch, run and some other space for coming out and running about a bit, although they can't run too much :? The two pairs don't share any space.

Its so lovely to 'speak' to people with lots of rabbits. My OH thinks I'm dotty for having 5!! I can see now that I have a very small bunny family. :lol:

Back