• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recipes?

Liz (Hugo's There) made some the other day I think. Not sure if she put the recipe on, but you can check back through her threads?

I've made some before with ground SS pellets, porridge oats, grated carrot (or mashed banana) and a tinsy bit of water to bind.

I dont know quantities as i never weigh anything but i put more ground SS pellets in than any other ingredient.

It then needs rolling out, cutting and baking. It gets put on a low heat for hours and when they are done (they must be totally hard and no moisture left in them) you will need to leave them to cool in the oven while the oven cools.

Liz is really the expert in this - she does all sorts of flavours too.

I must warn you though - the last time i did this - it killed the nut grinder and it's really hard going to hand grind the pellets - it took me a whole afternoon once to make just one batch. :lol:

My pair go nuts for them though. :D

ETA: Here's a good site for ideas: http://www.moorcroftrabbits.com/warren/index.htm

I've made some before with ground SS pellets, porridge oats, grated carrot (or mashed banana) and a tinsy bit of water to bind.

I dont know quantities as i never weigh anything but i put more ground SS pellets in than any other ingredient.

It then needs rolling out, cutting and baking. It gets put on a low heat for hours and when they are done (they must be totally hard and no moisture left in them) you will need to leave them to cool in the oven while the oven cools.

Liz is really the expert in this - she does all sorts of flavours too.

I must warn you though - the last time i did this - it killed the nut grinder and it's really hard going to hand grind the pellets - it took me a whole afternoon once to make just one batch. :lol:

My pair go nuts for them though. :D

ETA: Here's a good site for ideas: http://www.moorcroftrabbits.com/warren/index.htm

Wicked, thank you! The food peocessor will come in very handy ;) lol

Wicked, thank you! The food peocessor will come in very handy ;) lol

Mine didnt work (but it's pants anyway) - that's why i used a nut grinder. It was my MIL's that i borrowed and the pellets turned to dust and clogged it up - i was trying to clean it and knocked it right into the sink.:shock: It went *glug glug* - i had to buy a whole new contraption (pureer thingy with nut grinding attachment) - £40 right before xmas :evil:

:lol::lol:

I had a nut grinder from OH for xmas that i've yet to use though. :thumb:

Mine didnt work (but it's pants anyway) - that's why i used a nut grinder. It was my MIL's that i borrowed and the pellets turned to dust and clogged it up - i was trying to clean it and knocked it right into the sink.:shock: It went *glug glug* - i had to buy a whole new contraption (pureer thingy with nut grinding attachment) - £40 right before xmas :evil:

:lol::lol:

I had a nut grinder from OH for xmas that i've yet to use though. :thumb:

Oops lol, bless ya.

Good luck with the nut grinder..... nut grinder makes me laugh muhahaha

Sounds daft, but are the pellets supposed to be dust like or still have some substance left to them?

Oops lol, bless ya.

Good luck with the nut grinder..... nut grinder makes me laugh muhahaha

Sounds daft, but are the pellets supposed to be dust like or still have some substance left to them?

Lol when i say nut grinder i can see OH wincing - not sure if it's the way i say it :twisted: Lol!!

They are quite powdery - the other ingredients bulk them out. I did leave some bumpy before but it made it more awkward rolling it out as they broke apart more - but really - have a go, it's trial and error and my two even love the ones gone wonky.

Powdery sounds better -nothing wotse than lumpy bits :lol:

Thanks for the tips, gonna give it a go at the weekend :D

4 weetabix
2 slices of wholemeal bread
10 blackberries
Handful of blueberries

Whizz together in a food processor until it forms a dough then roll into small balls.
Place on greaseproof paper and bake at around 200 degrees for about 30 mins until rock hard.
Store in an airtight container.
Makes 20.

I've not tried this one yet.

4 weetabix
10 blackberries
Handful of blueberries

Whizz together in a food processor until it forms a dough then roll into small balls.
Place on greaseproof paper and bake at around 200 degrees for about 30 mins until rock hard.
Makes 20.

Oooh thank you - sounds good! Can the blackberries n blueberries be replaced with other fruits?

4 weetabix
10 blackberries
Handful of blueberries

Makes 20.

I'd never have tried them with weetabix - or berries! :oops: Thank you - i will try this too! :D

Just a tip here but i find the bicces seem to keep better if stored in a paper bag. :wave:

Cant wait to hear about how they all turned out.

I did try some using crushed pellets, porridge oats and a pear. The bunnies loved them.
Oh and some with the pellets, porridge oats, grated carrot and coriander, buns liked these too.

Back