• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not fussed by greens - anything to worry about?

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
Nutmeg's stopped eating greens. Since I've moved on to just herbs she's slowly started eating less and now she doesn't even bother coming to see what's in the bowl. :? She still eat loads and loads of hay and always comes straight out for her pellets and she's certainly not losing weight (in fact I keep thinking she's looking podgy). I'm loathe to go back to spring greens because she often got a gassy tummy when I used them before even though she loves them. She has always been a bit fussy about veg anyway but I just would like to check nothing could be awry.

I'd say any change in eating is worth looking into it, but there seem to be a lot of buns a bit off their noms at the moment. Hay is the main thing - and if she's having that and her pellets she should be fine. Maybe the herbs (like some other veg) aren't up to standard at the moment.

The parsley has been looking decidedly yellow but I've been taking out any yellow bits. Smudge isn't overly fussed by it all either but he has been eating some. :? The lops as usual have been hoovering up the bowl as soon as I put it down. I think I might try a little bit of spring greens and see if she eats that cos then it's probably down to her being fussy :roll:

Have you tried a different supermarket - it can make quite a difference to Master Spenser where his veg comes from?

I would try some different herbs and see if its just the parsley she doesnt like, and keep a close eye on whats going in and coming out. Im no expert but I dont think it could be serious if shes eating everything else fine. I assume poops are normal?

Have you tried a different supermarket - it can make quite a difference to Master Spenser where his veg comes from?

The only thing that's changed apart from the spring greens is that I now try to regularly get parsley from a farm shop cos it's cheaper. I've phoned them before and asked if they use any chemicals and they've directed me to their supplier who assured me they didn't, I still wash it though obviously. I'm wondering if before she ate the spring greens and left the rest. Maybe if I add a very small handful to theirs and keep an eye on her.

I would try some different herbs and see if its just the parsley she doesnt like, and keep a close eye on whats going in and coming out. Im no expert but I dont think it could be serious if shes eating everything else fine. I assume poops are normal?

Yup poops all normal. She will occasionally eat some basil or mint if I wave it in front of her nose but tonight she didn't want that either. :roll: I think Smudge ate all the greens tonight. They get parsley about 5 days of the week with basil, mint, coriander and rocket. Occasional kale and carrot tops. Dandelion and plantain and stuff in summer. Oh and some sage in summer off my allotment but they don't like sage from the supermarket.

Back