• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

£4.99 for 3kg of science selective? Are buns with no incisors okay with this?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Is this good value?-

I just bought 11 bags of it from gjw titmuss for the buns.

I don't like how excel can be a cause of runny poos, so I'm going to test the theory and transfer them all back to ss.

Just wondering if dental buns are okay with ss? I have three without incisors.

It was £21 for delivery but i got some ecobed too which i need for my special needs buns as this doesn't stick to there coats like other bedding does.

I pay £5.99 for a 3kg bag usually but it lasts us a good two months or so. If you need that much you'll probably be better off with a 10kg bag.

Thanks alot. Do your gummy bunnys eat veggies without it being mushed up or syringed? I can't get my lot to eat there veggies at all. How do you go about getting any hay into them? I've been told i can get some scissors and cut grass. None of them will eat readigrass either.

So we've both got a Herbie gummy bunny :love: My Herbie has a mouthful of dodgy back teeth too. :roll:

Yayyy, two Herbilicious gummy bunnies.

Well, i say gummy, he has had the op to get his incisors removed twice. The first time a massive lower incisor grew back in, then some peg teeth. So i got him done again. Now its two wee stupid peg teeth that keep coming, but i have just been getting them burred. I am not putting him through the op again.
So he is kind gummy, with two random sticky out pegs!!

Muffin eats hay fine. I shred his veggies, and grate his carrots though.

I've tried cutting veggies up very very small and they don't eat it. I'll try grating as well. I haven't done this yet although i have syringed veggies, which they don't like- it's too stressful for them being fed like that i think. Plus they don't eat food when it's liquidized either in a bowl. They think it's critical care and leave it.

Yayyy, two Herbilicious gummy bunnies.

Well, i say gummy, he has had the op to get his incisors removed twice. The first time a massive lower incisor grew back in, then some peg teeth. So i got him done again. Now its two wee stupid peg teeth that keep coming, but i have just been getting them burred. I am not putting him through the op again.
So he is kind gummy, with two random sticky out pegs!!

Aww :) Shadow's incisors didn't come out fully when he had them done. He had some left behind so he will be back for the doing again when they grow back. The dentals they have are normally every 3-4 weeks, so it's better to do the full op. It's taking them alot longer to grow back since being removed though.

I've got 3 gummy bunnies, they all enjoy SS pellets, 2 love their hay, but one is a little reluctant:? I chop their veg up in smaller pieces, but they all manage fine:D
Have you tried vet uk they have free delivery on orders over £40:wave:

Thanks i did use to use vet uk. I'll have to start again. I just thought that 4.99 was pretty good value for pellets for 3kg. I'd have had to pay delivery anyway as i ordered 40kg of ecobed which £21.00 is fine to cover- making it £16.50 a bale inc delivery, which i don't mind. So in theory it didn't cost me anything for the pellets for delivery- that is how i see it. I will have a look though :)

How do they manage there hay- do you cut it up for them? I can't cut back on pellets as blaze loses weight so quickly if i do, but I'd like to encourage hay eating.

Yes I've done chopped veg- but they just don't seem to be able to grasp it - i wonder if I'm making it too small?

I grate my gummy Herbie's carrot and cut his cabbage into thin strips, probably about 1cm wide and 8-10cm long...I don't use a ruler by the way. :lol:

By the time I've finished preparing his dinner it looks good enough to go in a fine dining restaurant. :lol:

Herbie isn't good with hay, he tries but just can't seem to get the hang of it no matter what size I cut it into.

I grate my gummy Herbie's carrot and cut his cabbage into thin strips, probably about 1cm wide and 8-10cm long...I don't use a ruler by the way. :lol:

By the time I've finished preparing his dinner it looks good enough to go in a fine dining restaurant. :lol:

Herbie isn't good with hay, he tries but just can't seem to get the hang of it no matter what size I cut it into.

Thankyou appreciate the details :) x

Thanks i did use to use vet uk. I'll have to start again. I just thought that 4.99 was pretty good value for pellets for 3kg. I'd have had to pay delivery anyway as i ordered 40kg of ecobed which £21.00 is fine to cover- making it £16.50 a bale inc delivery, which i don't mind. So in theory it didn't cost me anything for the pellets for delivery- that is how i see it. I will have a look though :)

How do they manage there hay- do you cut it up for them? I can't cut back on pellets as blaze loses weight so quickly if i do, but I'd like to encourage hay eating.

Yes I've done chopped veg- but they just don't seem to be able to grasp it - i wonder if I'm making it too small?

I've just looked and Vet UK prices seem to have gone up since I ordered before Christmas:?

They pull the hay in sideways, so their back teeth do all the work, I never cut their hay.

I use a potato peeler for carrots and if I have spring greens I cut them into thin strips about 3" long - they manage with the SS pellets as they seem to be the right size to pick up:D

Gummy bunnies seem to adapt quickly, Dodger really struggled before his incisors were removed they were growing out at strange angles once they were removed he put on weight:D

This was Dodger prior to having them removed -

005-18.jpg

These are the offending teeth:?

027-1.jpg

I've just looked and Vet UK prices seem to have gone up since I ordered before Christmas:?

They pull the hay in sideways, so their back teeth do all the work, I never cut their hay.

I use a potato peeler for carrots and if I have spring greens I cut them into thin strips about 3" long - they manage with the SS pellets as they seem to be the right size to pick up:D

Gummy bunnies seem to adapt quickly, Dodger really struggled before his incisors were removed they were growing out at strange angles once they were removed he put on weight:D

This was Dodger prior to having them removed -

005-18.jpg

These are the offending teeth:?

027-1.jpg

Thanks. So then they are all not eating hay just because they don't want too. I'm not sure what i can do to change this. I have tried various hay's. Sunny just pulls his veggies out of the bowl and leaves the scattered around. Blaze has a go at eating them but drops them and struggles and shadow does try also with veggies, but again struggles.

I've shredded carrots with a potatoe pealer and that doesn't seem to work, but not grated them. I wonder if they are getting too many pellets.

Yes they gave me shadow's teeth too to have a look at. Not nice at all. Your bunny is lovely :)

Think you got ripped off :shock:

I pay £3.99 for a 3Kg bag of SS. They are (or were last week) £3.50 for a 3Kg bag, as it was a manufacturer promotion.

:wave:

£5 seems an awful lot.

Back