• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wires chewed again!!!

Gillyflower

Warren Scout
My poor bunnies keep getting the blame for chewing the wires in the living room but I have to say that when my daughter or myself are watching them nothing gets bitten, hand over the reigns to my husband for just a few minutes and hey presto it happens despite his protestations that he's been watching them like a hawk! Hence the fact I've not been online for a couple of days. I think we know who's to blame and it's not my little darlings! xx :?:censored:;)

Took me ages of repeating until my hubby realised that anything he leaves in bunny grabbing distance is fair game and that's that!

Having said that (and having been through three landline phones) I have bunny proofed the whole living room and most of upstairs!

I'd recommend it :thumb:

I watched Biscuit walk through a wire mouth first once. I think wire and it took her one bite, she didn't even stop hopping :roll:

Oh god,

Our house is horrendous for bunny chewing! When Pumpkin was pregnant, she chewed up all of my stair carpet... horrendous!!!
Our skirting boards are all chewed and I have lost count of how many extension leads/laptop leads/ipod cables we've gone through!
I need to bunny proof more!!!

Worst incident was when Dexie chewed through an extension lead and not realised, i swept past it with the metal hose off the hoover. Lead to a very painful electric shock for me! Needless to say... Dexie isn't allowed in the living without supervision!!! :p

xxx

i have no sympathy with them (ie men/boys) any more when 'tree roots' get nibbled as i'm tired of saying 'make sure all wires are well out of the way'.

that reminds me, best order a new hdmi cable (that one was MY fault as i'd moved it when dusting and eric found it:oops:).

i don't have wire probs with esme tho - just clothes etc:oops: lovely hole in a duvet cover i'd left on the airer overnight:roll:

I forgot to mention that the wires are encased in a protective cover, they had even bitten throught that! Back to the drawing board for an improved product lol xx :lol:

I forgot to mention that the wires are encased in a protective cover, they had even bitten throught that! Back to the drawing board for an improved product lol xx :lol:

I use a runner sort of cover that goes along the top of the skirting board. Got it from Homebase. Have you tried that one?

just clothes etc:oops: lovely hole in a duvet cover i'd left on the airer overnight:roll:

I have the same problem, no tumble dryer so when drying clothes on the radiators occasionally a garment will acquire a new lace pattern effect :roll::lol: also I learned not to buy £20-each cushions anymore :oops:

Back