• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much does your vet charge for a spey/neuter

Neuter where I go was £43.03

ETA: This covered pain relief and his overnight stay.

Last edited:
:)

£56 for a castration and £73 for a spay :)

However, this seemed to cover Hermy when she stopped eating the day after as we weren't charged anything extra for the 2 injections (gut stimulant and painkillers) she was given or the consultation the day after :/ That, or I got a nice vet! Lol.
They also charge the same for an emergeny spay/castration and it's always done by a bunny savvy vet so I'm always happy!
Oh, and they give discounts if you take both bunnies in at the same time :) And I never got charged for Hermy's teeth being done as she was under GA anyway :)

£58 for a neuter and £68 for a spay. This covers pain meds and a check up appointment 2 days later.

£45 for George's neuter, £70 for Fifi's spay. This included all pain relief and a pre and post op appointment.

I asked my vet for the prices last week as I've got 2 foster girlies that need need spaying, and was told it's £60 for a boy and £75 for a girl. :(

The rescue have said they can get 2 girls done for that price! :shock: But I'm a bit worried as their vet is so far away from me. :(

Does anyone happen to know how much they charge at FHB? :wave:

Seems my prices are pretty cheap then :thumb:
Its £53 for a spay and £38 for a neuter including follow up and pain relief :D

Old vets - £35 neuter and £50 spay - probably gone up since
New vets - £55 for neuter (including checkup and pain relief), no idea for a spay

Everyone thinks I'm telling fibs when I say this but I paid £15 for a neuter, which included meds and check up. Didn't have to be on benefits to get that price. I think spays were £35.
It was 3 or so years ago so prices probably have gone up.

Animal Ark vets in Goodmays.

I've always had rescues that were done before hand. i think vets should do a boy one neuter get a second half price or something. :D

Orla was spayed on Tuesday at the Edinburgh Uni Vet School for the cost of £130! :shock:

I do not begrudge paying this as she was getting the best care I could get her! :D That included all pain meds & overnight stay.

They are a non provitable vets as all money goes straight back into research & training vets. Everyone there is so lovely!

Back