• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freezing Cold hands- Please help me sort this out?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
I've had this problem ongoing because noone does a bunny glove that is warm and doesn't break.

So far I've tried- gloves under washing up gloves and latex gloves, but they snap.

Anything better than this out there? Thanks.

p.s It's minus 2 degrees- no wonder i feel like i had frost bite being out with just washing up gloves on.

I ended up getting several pairs of cheap fleece gloves (£1 a pair) at Asda / Tesco / pound shops and just rinsing them out every day after cleaning out hutches. They dry quickly if you leave them on a radiator so I didn't bother to wear them under rubber gloves this year. It was too cold to wash & scrub out trays / hutches as it was freezing instantly so I was just sweeping out.

I also looked at fishing gloves made of neoprene (Aldi / Lidl £6ish) so they are warm and waterproof, but have a couple of holes so fishermen can fold back a couple of fingers to sort out their hooks, so no good if doing a good scrub down.

I ended up getting several pairs of cheap fleece gloves (£1 a pair) at Asda / Tesco / pound shops and just rinsing them out every day after cleaning out hutches. They dry quickly if you leave them on a radiator so I didn't bother to wear them under rubber gloves this year. It was too cold to wash & scrub out trays / hutches as it was freezing instantly so I was just sweeping out.

I also looked at fishing gloves made of neoprene (Aldi / Lidl £6ish) so they are warm and waterproof, but have a couple of holes so fishermen can fold back a couple of fingers to sort out their hooks, so no good if doing a good scrub down.

Thanks- I'll have to get several pairs- i have some pairs that wont fit under rubber gloves either so they are pretty useless to me. Oh and the other thing- when i open hutch doors the rubber gloves catch and rip and i end up getting through loads and loads of gloves.

Just been out to scrape my car, fingers are like ice, didn't bother with gloves! :roll:

Just been out to scrape my car, fingers are like ice, didn't bother with gloves! :roll:

I hope that minus weather doesn't return- minus 2 is too much for me at the moment- i want to be warm :) Sorry about your fingers- i can totally relate to how it must feel to come in with freezing hands- i honestly thought I'd got frost bite earlier- then convinced myself that was impossible!

Back