• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Natural parasite control food

nessar

Warren Veteran
https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Hea...for+Rabbits+%2526+Guinea+Pigs+:+200g.579.html
Anyone used it or know of its effectiveness?

As far as I know Barney doesnt have any parasites but you never know. And I dont know if he ever had any before I owned him. I was going to use panacur but I got confused about how many days, if it was actually needed etc. Then I saw this and obviously its a lot more natural and would be more enjoyable for him.

Thoughts?

I will bump this in the morning as I know not many people are on now

Personally I wouldn't replace it with panacur because of this " Verm-X can be seen to be an effective partial preventative - though it cannot be claimed to be 100% effective."

As for the panacur you need to treat for 28 days, bleaching the enclosure on days 21 and 28 (any toys that can't be bleached need to be thrown out) :)

Personally I wouldn't replace it with panacur because of this " Verm-X can be seen to be an effective partial preventative - though it cannot be claimed to be 100% effective."

As for the panacur you need to treat for 28 days, bleaching the enclosure on days 21 and 28 (any toys that can't be bleached need to be thrown out) :)

Thanks,
err well hes a house bunny so how would I go about this bleaching? I have carpet you see... he does most poops in his trays but probably about 3 or so a day on the floor.

Thanks,
err well hes a house bunny so how would I go about this bleaching? I have carpet you see... he does most poops in his trays but probably about 3 or so a day on the floor.

My 6 are all house buns too, I wouldn't have it any other way :oops: I just bleach their litter trays and throw out toys that can't be. :)

It makes no claim of any efficacy against EC, which I assume you are referring to, only INTESTINAL parasites.

I dont use it, but I cant see it would be a problem to do so.

It makes no claim of any efficacy against EC, which I assume you are referring to, only INTESTINAL parasites.

I dont use it, but I cant see it would be a problem to do so.

Yep thats what I meant really, sorry just couldn't get my words out. Just saying that it isn't a panacur replacement which I think the OP was on about :oops:

There was a trial done in mammals (not rabbits but I can't remember the species...) and it made no difference at all to parasite levels so unlikely to be any more effective in bunnies.

Okay thanks guys,

to be honest I have no idea why I need to worm him, I assumed worms not EC? No idea panacur did EC, or if I need to treat him for it, I was just told it was reccommended to panacur a bun at least once in their life, even if no symptoms. Im not really sure what for though :oops: My head hurts now :lol: so confused

Okay thanks guys,

to be honest I have no idea why I need to worm him, I assumed worms not EC? No idea panacur did EC, or if I need to treat him for it, I was just told it was reccommended to panacur a bun at least once in their life, even if no symptoms. Im not really sure what for though :oops: My head hurts now :lol: so confused

Rabbits don't really suffer from worms tbh.
But I would definitely Panacur for EC at least twice a year, as it is a preventative :)
It is the Fenbendazole (the active ingredient) that kills the EC spore :)
You really NEED to treat for 28 days as this is the life cycle of the spore (some vets will say 9 days but this is a waste of money)

Rabbits don't really suffer from worms tbh.
But I would definitely Panacur for EC at least twice a year, as it is a preventative :)
It is the Fenbendazole (the active ingredient) that kills the EC spore :)
You really NEED to treat for 28 days as this is the life cycle of the spore (some vets will say 9 days but this is a waste of money)

okays so do I need to just buy a pack (from where?) or several or does it depend on the bun?

Back