• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long does it take Manuka honey to 'dry in'

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
I have put Manuka Honey on Inca's flower. She keeps trying to lick it off, i would imagine cos it smells and tastes nice.

I have managed to stop her for 30mins now. Anyone know how long before it would start to take effect and i can leave her alone?

I think encouraging licking is one of the ways in which it helps. That stimulates the vascular system. I've never seen it dry. It can make the surrounding skin sore if left on the skin surface so licking it off is fine. It is inside that it is beneficial as the sugar concentraion bursts bacteria by drawing water into them. Or the other way round:roll: Osmosis anyway, can't remember which direction:? So many years since A level biology....
If the wound is on the surface dermisol is a better choice.

It is actually her lady bits that are inflammed, as she is deformed they stick out.

She has been biting at it as it is sore, so enouringing to lick it is the last thing i need.

Thats me managed to keep her away from it for 40mins, so another 10mins and i hope it has had some effect!

Back