• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Can't Believe My Friend...

Isis

Mama Doe
I know she has rabbits, I was just talking to her on facebook. She was asking me questions about her rabbits running around and jumping, asking if this was normal. I said yeah, it is a sign of them being happy, and the jumping is called a binky. I then said about getting them neutered, as she mentioned her male rabbits humps her a lot. Her reply was, then she wants to breed from the male, once and then get him neutered. I said I didn't agree with this, as there are so many rabbits in rescue. She said she didn't want to sell them, she wanted to keep them as pets... :?

I then asked her, if she would get all the babies neutered and spayed. There could be 8 babies and females could £60+ and males £30+. She said yeah, and get the father done as well..

I hope she is reasonable enough to not be so stupid, and if she wanted more then 2 rabbits, to go to a rescue and get some bunnies that will need a home.

I was going to direct her to RU, I am not sure I actually want to now :(

It's in a member's signature but I can't for the life of me remember who it is. :oops:

its in my siggy :wave:

I think I am going to make an updated vid soon, with more of the details & add on at the end how much happier she is now she is bonded with her husbun etc

cause I can also see some typos in it :oops:

Maybe also educate on how to breed responsibly because I bet they won't be able to, then you can give merry hell for not being responsible.

I think I am going to make an updated vid soon, with more of the details & add on at the end how much happier she is now she is bonded with her husbun etc

:lol::lol::lol:

Great vid though - i hope it gets the message across!!

So glad magic made it.
Direct this girl to RU.Sounds like she needs a talking to.I dont mean by being rude but by how bunnies are the most neglected pet.....and end up in rescues,or badly treated or just by being far too many unwanteds in the world and she would be adding to a sorrowful situation that people like her tend to be adding to.

I seriuosly think that a lot of buns that come from breeders are where a hobby has spiraled out of control to the point where that person cannot cope. Accidental litters can happen and before you know it, you are over run with them.

Also when you breed, you need to know that things wont happen in your own life that will affect it. For instance, in the horsford case, if he hadnt had a stroke and sent in to hospital, how much longer would that have gone on?

Thank you for the replies, when she on facebook next I will show her the video, if that doesn't work, then I will direct her to RU.

She also said when the babies come, they will separate them. That's all well and good, but she isn't an experience rabbit owner, and she couldn't sex them. And taking them to a vet doesn't always work with sexing buns.

Of course it is *facepalm* :oops:

Of course it is *facepalm* :oops:

polar-bear-face-palm_thumbnail1.jpg

:wave:

Back