• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sunday Night Pub Quiz for Pledge a Pound - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
The Sunday Night Pub Quiz for PAP will run again tonight! It would be great if we could get some more players involved! It only costs a £1, is good fun and all proceeds go to Pledge a Pound!

TONIGHT'S QUESTIONS: Please PM me your answers by 9.15pm. Good luck.

This is the last one tonight for the Easter competition....it will start weekly again in May for another go! :)

1. In which county is Bodmin Moor? Cornwall

2. Who had 2005 hits with “I Wanna Hold You” and “Ultraviolet”? McFly

3. Which Thomas wrote “The Mayor of Casterbridge”? Hardy

4. Which compass point is opposite North-north west? South-south-east

5. Which chess piece should be protected at all costs? King

6. What two colours are on the Austrian flag? Red and White

7. How many players are in a netball team? 7

8. What colour is an aubergine? Purple

9. In legal terms, what do the initials QC stand for? Queen's Counsel

10. Which disaster struck England in the 1340s? The Black Death/Bubonic Plague

11. What is the opposite of a neap tide? Spring Tide

12. Who was asked to ride “a bicycle made for two” in the song? Daisy

13. What kind of fruit can be cantaloupe? Melon

14. What are the three primary colours in art? Red, yellow and blue

15. In which month is the Trooping of the Colour? June

About the Quiz/How to Enter:

I will be running the Sunday Night Pub Quiz again for Pledge a Pound. It will cost £1 to enter and all proceeds will go to the Pledge a Pound Easter fundraiser. Please paypal to: snoopsnflumps@yahoo.co.uk.

The quiz will run every Sunday at 9:00pm until 9:15pm. At 9:00pm the questions will appear HERE in this post, you then have 15 minutes to PM me your answers! :)

Playing is just for fun mainly :D....although I will run a leaderboard based on average entries and scores - to make it fair to those who play regularly, you need to enter a minimum of 4 times to qualify for the leaderboard. The winner and runner-up of the leaderboard will win a small prize. There will also be a small wooden spoon prize for the funniest answers :).

This will run on a weekly basis until the Easter PAP fundraiser closes.

1st Prize: A £10 Hay Experts Voucher & a packet of Burns Meadow Mix.

2011-03-20221047.jpg

Runner-up Prize: Frank the Bunny who needs a forever home

2011-03-20223134.jpg

And last but not least the Wooden Spoon prize (given for funniest answers):

A Wooden Bunny Decoration

2011-03-20221135.jpg

Any questions please PM me.

Last edited:
Just bumping this up as it did get submitted a few days ago but I think it got lost so I am not sure how many people have seen this in time for tonight's quiz? :wave:

PS Have a new book so the question style may be a bit different to before....

There are easy, medium and hard sections.....so depends what kind of mood I am in as to what level you will get *does wicked laughter!* :lol::lol:

PS Have a new book so the question style may be a bit different to before....

There are easy, medium and hard sections.....so depends what kind of mood I am in as to what level you will get *does wicked laughter!* :lol::lol:

Make it easy or I'll run away and hide and never play again :lol:

Ooooohhhh nearly missed it!!!! :shock::shock::shock:

Just popped on to pm Angie & spotted it :D

Just got to get my brain working now!! :oops::lol:

Question 10 had a mis-type and should be 'proverb' not 'alphabet' - D'oh!

Too late! I've sent my answer...:(

Can you take the first answer I put for it, and not the clutching at straws one please :)

And well done for the lack of sports questions, and having my star sign and the county where I lives as two of the questions :lol:

Too late! I've sent my answer...:(

Can you take the first answer I put for it, and not the clutching at straws one please :)

And well done for the lack of sports questions, and having my star sign and the county where I lives as two of the questions :lol:

Sorry about that - I blame it on the cider I'm drinking!! :lol::lol:

Glad you liked the quiz!! Still got 4 minutes left as I have made it 15 minutes long to answer now :)

Sorry about that - I blame it on the cider I'm drinking!! :lol::lol:

Glad you liked the quiz!! Still got 4 minutes left as I have made it 15 minutes long to answer now :)

I could have spent time googling answers, but it's more fun to put down your gut instinct :lol:

Back