• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rehoming numbers down for BARC

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
have done some maths and in 2010 rehoming was down around 25% .

This is for dogs , cats , rabbits , guinea pigs , other small animals and birds . :(:(

we rehomed 25 rabbits less than the previous year . :?

This year rehoming is very very slow ...this time last year nearly everything we had in was reserved .. we have 1 rabbit reserved just now :(

the recession has a lot to answer for :cry:

i only rehomed in 2010 because Alvin needed a pal and no other reason.

hope 2011 picks up for you and all rescues :(

aww i hope it picks up for you. :( What kind of dogs do you have in? Any good with cats and children and not a large dog but not tiny? :) Everyone in my family would love a dog apart from my dad. He likes the but isn't sure on getting one. We are searching for the perfect rescue as we may be able to pursuade him. ;)

Last edited:
aww i hope it picks up for you. :( What kind of dogs do you have in? Any good with cats and children and not a large dog but not tiny? :) Everyone in my family would love a dog apart from my dad. He likes the but isn't sure on getting one. We are searching for the perfect rescue as we may be able to pursuade him. ;)

i realy dont know ...i dont get time to go to the kennels .. but you could look on our website . available dogs are usualy listed on the photo page :)

Oh dear, I wonder why that is? Is it slower for some animals than others?

definatly think the recssion has played a big part .. but it doesnt help when pet shops sell small animals willy nilly and put on "special" offers to encourage people to buy from them . :(

also 2 bad winters have possibly made a difference i think :(

The default option where I stay is definitely get a baby bunny from breeder/P@H - but then we're hundreds of miles from the nearest rescue, other than SSPCA. I actually had to really make a stand to rehome rather than buy, becuase the mother of one of my pupils breeds rabbits and my family/friends thought I would bond better with a baby bunny.

I do hope it starts picking up and not at easter or after they have that new movie out. Have you got a higher proportion of one sex than the other. The lady I foster for has a lot fewer females than males. Just wondering if it is an all over the country thing or just area to area.

I do hope it starts picking up and not at easter or after they have that new movie out. Have you got a higher proportion of one sex than the other. The lady I foster for has a lot fewer females than males. Just wondering if it is an all over the country thing or just area to area.

we always seem to have more males than females :(

Am sorry Angie. :( xx

For what it's worth - we're very thankful for Jack and Hollie - our 2010 bunnies from BARC xx :love: xx

It must be incredibly frustrating for you..... here's hoping things will pick up.

Oh dear :( I only wish I could help more; I have no room :(. Fingers crossed things start to look up and it's just a blip this start of the year :( xxx

It's been the same at Kirkby. Far less have been rehomed this year.....but no shortage of buns coming in. :(

The RSPCA near me has been down hugely. Most of the rehomed rabbits last year went to meadowsweet from here. Compared to 2008 its a huge difference. I ened to get out my records and have a look, I think.

Back