• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spenser's fussy nomming again ...

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
I've just been out to the hutch and I'm pretty sure he hasn't touched his greens. :roll: Nice new spring greens, sliced the way he likes them, flat leaf parsley and coriander. Totally rejected - he wants kale and is, it appears, determined to get it.:evil: I'm sure he isn't ill as he has scoffed his pellets and was very receptive to the bits of dried parnsip and beetroot (Christmas present from a friend)I had in my hand. And he's gone off readigrass - someone must have told him I bought a box of it. He was very keen on it when I only had a small bag. What is a doting and becoming slightly demented bunny mummy to do????:?

He would be fine with just the hay and pellets, so if you don't want to give into his demands for kale then just offer him the other veg. :)

Blackie & Butters have mostly hay and pellets at the moment, with their small amount of carrot after breakfast. They'll eat a little dried hawthorn, but ignore anything else (including the fresh dandelion leaves I managed to find today :roll:)

I don't worry, as it obviously suits them at the moment. They're eating lots of hay (in between throwing it around everywhere :lol:)

Julie's favorite green of all time was kale and when the vet said that she could've have it any more she turned her nose up at everything else. I found if I ignored her she would go back and scoff up the other greens. A bunny has got to try.

Spenser isn't eating lots of hay. :(:roll: He noms more than he used to ... but not that much. It is difficult to monitor as he will only eat it from the floor of his hutch. Off to Animal Magic to order more sample bags. I'm upset about the readigrass - it's not just the money, but the waste.

Spenser isn't eating lots of hay. :(:roll: He noms more than he used to ... but not that much. It is difficult to monitor as he will only eat it from the floor of his hutch. Off to Animal Magic to order more sample bags. I'm upset about the readigrass - it's not just the money, but the waste.

Keep it! He will probably like it again soon.

He might be being crafty and trying to see what other nice treats he can get from his mum if he pretends he doesn't like anything else!

casper goes on and off things so keep the readigrass give it to him in a week and he will prob like it again :lol: i found casper was very demanding when i would not let him have kale, it took a good month to let him know he wasnt having it anymore :lol: Iv found casper likes a varity of different things maybe to keep his taste buds alive :lol: so i just have a look round the veggies and herbs pick one and then a few days later pick another he seems to like that :)

Just been out to say goodnight - not a bit of greenery has been eaten.:roll: It had frosted over so I took it away. Wonder if a selection of the same will be more favourably received in the morning????

Aww I'm sorry Spencer is being fussy that must be really stressfull.

I'm lucky with Jack and Isobelle, they'll eat anything.

Goodluckxox

this may sound really daft (but trust me!) but have you bought his veg from a different store?

i've bought stuff from 3 of the 4 'big' supermarkets and unless its from one in partic, eric doesn't eat his veg with much gusto, if at all - even fine green beans:shock:

i always wash their veg but i think its more to do with how they have been washed before purchase. maybe they taste 'different' to him:?

hehehehe, here i go again with my bizarre eric observations:lol:

Hope he is eating up his veg this morning.

My Herbie has not been eating as much veg as he used to, he has been preferring his hay, i just have been leaving him to it, but means that Inca is getting his leftover veg, so she is happy!

If it makes you feel any better, B&G are both ignoring pretty much all veg at the moment too :roll: They normally go at it with gusto and its gone within 20 mins or so.

At the moment, they are living on hay, pellets and broccoli and grass :)

I'm actually trying to phase out all supermarket veg at the moment, in favour of using natural foods more, so in spring im going to start foraging :)

Is that viable for you to try some natural things Susie?

this may sound really daft (but trust me!) but have you bought his veg from a different store?

i've bought stuff from 3 of the 4 'big' supermarkets and unless its from one in partic, eric doesn't eat his veg with much gusto, if at all - even fine green beans:shock:

i always wash their veg but i think its more to do with how they have been washed before purchase. maybe they taste 'different' to him:?

hehehehe, here i go again with my bizarre eric observations:lol:

It's not dafte at all. Spenser will not eat anything from the Co-Op. And he was VERY rude when I cought green beans from Iceland. He will normally accept veg from Tesco and Morrisons.:roll::roll::roll:

If it makes you feel any better, B&G are both ignoring pretty much all veg at the moment too :roll: They normally go at it with gusto and its gone within 20 mins or so.

I'm actually trying to phase out all supermarket veg at the moment, in favour of using natural foods more, so in spring im going to start foraging :)

Oooh Im hoping to do this too Im going to scour all the foraging threads from last year! My biggest worry is mis-identifying something!

Well I'm unemployed May-August, so why not go foraging? :lol: I gave Spenser his breakfast a while ago, and am almost frightened to go out to the hutch and see what, if anything, has been nommed...

Oooh Im hoping to do this too Im going to scour all the foraging threads from last year! My biggest worry is mis-identifying something!

^^This.

I put up a thread asking about natural / wild foods. i got one reply :roll: :lol:

Back