• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fostering?

Xsophia

Warren Scout
Hi,
I'm thinking about fostering and have recently bought an indoor 12ft hutch and wondered if this would be suitable? Obviously the rabbit would get free time every day in the pet room. My mum thought fostering would be a good idea as I want to be a vet and helping rescues looks very good and I would love to help a bunny/bunnies in need! I wouldn't be able to foster just yet though as we need to sort out where the hutch is going and which guineas are living outside once the weather gets warmer giving us more space inside, but I'd like to do my research first :D
Thanks
Sophie

Hi,
I'm thinking about fostering and have recently bought an indoor 12ft hutch and wondered if this would be suitable? Obviously the rabbit would get free time every day in the pet room. My mum thought fostering would be a good idea as I want to be a vet and helping rescues looks very good and I would love to help a bunny/bunnies in need! I wouldn't be able to foster just yet though as we need to sort out where the hutch is going and which guineas are living outside once the weather gets warmer giving us more space inside, but I'd like to do my research first :D
Thanks
Sophie

An indoor 12ft hutch are you sure, thats huge. Your best bet would be to contact any of the rescues that are near to you, I'm guessing you'll need to be homechecked and interviewed and your mum and then providing all is well you might be able to help out.

12 foot is bigger than some of my indoor rooms !

I'd be more than happy for you to foster for me :) Pm me if you are interested.

Thanks x

Thanks for the replies! I'm glad it will be okay we're picking it up on sunday :)
I was just wondering how long on average does a bun stay in the fosterers care? Ambience, where abouts is your rescue and do you have a vets that must be used?:D x

Thanks for the replies! I'm glad it will be okay we're picking it up on sunday :)
I was just wondering how long on average does a bun stay in the fosterers care? Ambience, where abouts is your rescue and do you have a vets that must be used?:D x

I rescue in Leeds/Bradford but I'm happy for anyone to foster in doncaster as i often do trips that way on and have a house in the area.

Hopefully buns wouldn't stay too long and be with you only for a short while - several weeks or months at most, but as far as i know anything up to 3 years it can take to re home a bun.

I am happy to negotiate with a vet which is nearest to you as long as they are good with bunnies. I'd have to set it up with them, once you ran by me the vets you wanted to use. I could then call through to pay any invoices by card from where i am now.

Generally the buns I'm fostering out will not have any health problems etc, so treatment will just be routine, neutering, vaccinations and health checks- mixi jabs and vhd. If there are any problem buns and you are prepared to take them on. They may take alot longer to find a home for and require additional activities such as administering meds and so on. This would only be considered if you'd had alot of experience dealing with poorly bunnies. If not it would be better to take on a bunny without any health issues.

Pm me if you are interested in taking a bunny on. I have five at the moment which i am due to take on that i need to foster out ideally rather than bring here.

Thanks! I'll have a talk to my mum and show her this thread! One of my friends is desperate for a bunny so i've advised her on the right set up and she's going to wait to see if she falls in love with any of my fosters before looking around :)

Thanks! I'll have a talk to my mum and show her this thread! One of my friends is desperate for a bunny so i've advised her on the right set up and she's going to wait to see if she falls in love with any of my fosters before looking around :)

Great, Keep in touch :)

Back