• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone for a Morse Ear Update ?

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Morse has been off all meds apart from alternate day iodine ear canal flushes for 2 weeks now. The first time he has been off abx for about 6 months. Whilst his ears still get gunky the active infection appears to be under control. Because of the 'faulty' design of his ear canals Morse is unlikely to ever be 100% free of problems. But at the moment his own immune system has it under control.

He will probably need to go back onto abx again and if he does this time it will be Zithromax. But we are trying to only use abx if absolutely essential. Morse is as well as he can be all things considered. Here are lots of pics of him showing off his much improved physique :)

008-36.jpg

Podgy belly !! :lol:

009-39.jpg

and nicely rounded rump !!

019-34.jpg

016-28.jpg

017-29.jpg

026-21.jpg

027-13.jpg

036-7.jpg

038-9.jpg

040-6.jpg

Awesome news. He's looking great. :love:
I know you must have put in so much hard work with him and I know exactly how good it feels when a bunny finally comes off all medication against all odds.

He is so yummy:love:

Glad to see him feeling better. I hate it when his face is all sad. He has such an expressive squishy face. Gentle nose rubs to the Inspector xxx

Morse looks amazingly well :love: What do you think has helped the most with his ear infection- the antibiotics or the flushes?

Morse looks amazingly well :love: What do you think has helped the most with his ear infection- the antibiotics or the flushes?

I think probably a combo really. The abx course (Depocillin injections every 2 days for 2 weeks then every 3 days) went on for months. He also had Iodine Ear flushes daily then every other day, plus canaural daily and Metacam daily when required.

His ear canals are so long and such a strange shape with 'deformities' in the right one. There is no way that we will ever get the problem fully resolved. But for now Morse is doing well and we just have to take things one day at a time.

I think probably a combo really. The abx course (Depocillin injections every 2 days for 2 weeks then every 3 days) went on for months. He also had Iodine Ear flushes daily then every other day, plus canaural daily and Metacam daily when required.

His ear canals are so long and such a strange shape with 'deformities' in the right one. There is no way that we will ever get the problem fully resolved. But for now Morse is doing well and we just have to take things one day at a time.

I hope he stays well enough not to need the zithromax- Tippex Porkychicken says it tastes disgusting :mrgreen: although knowing how much Morse loves his food he'll probably like it xx

Back