• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Polyester Bath mats?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
I bought some bath mats from the pound store that are made out of polyester the other day, they don't have any rubber on the bottom- are they safe for putting in the buns hutches? They were only a pound each so I'll throw them if not :)

Cheers x

Is that just standard bath mats (without the rubber backing)? I have used them before and had no issues...obviously as with anything they're not good to use if bunny starts to chew it to bits :lol: but yeh they should be fine to use...my bus did nibble a few holes out of a thin one I used but then left it an the subsequent ones alone.

I have rubber back ones in the playhose at the moment and they're doing well :)

Thanks i tried them tonight. They immediately were peed on. Shows what my bunny's think to them :) They are quite straightforward to wash- not too big which is good.

Oh yes mine piddle widdle on all their ones :lol:...fortunately bath mats do well at absorbing the wetness and dries quite quickly compare to say a rug or towel.

If the mat only has a few damp patches on it then I just pop it in the tumble dryer of a morning and wash it when it is badly stained otherwise I would be washing the mats every day, which isn't ideal really as it is not my machine I use and the future mother in law can be funny about bunny stuff going into the machine :lol:

Oh yes mine piddle widdle on all their ones :lol:...fortunately bath mats do well at absorbing the wetness and dries quite quickly compare to say a rug or towel.

If the mat only has a few damp patches on it then I just pop it in the tumble dryer of a morning and wash it when it is badly stained otherwise I would be washing the mats every day, which isn't ideal really as it is not my machine I use and the future mother in law can be funny about bunny stuff going into the machine :lol:

Think I'll just use a bucket of hot water - i can use detergent once a week- but I've noticed they are peeing on them just as they would do anything i put down on the floor. They do seem much easier to clean though and dry out.

Back