• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnyproofing garden?

sarahsarah

Warren Scout
Hello :wave:

I'm thinking about getting ready for spring/summer and letting my buns have their daily free ranging afternoons again.
So what I need help with is the path by the side of my house, I am thinking some kind of puppy gate which I can attach mesh to? I don't think I can drill into the side of the house, and the other side is wire fencing (the green diamondy type.) Can you get outdoor pressure fit puppy gates? Last year we just used our folded up fire guard leant up against the house.
The other thing is a gap below the wooden fence, its not big so I am thinking plastic lawn edging which I saw in the pound shop last year, so will look out for it again.. does this sound ok?

Sorry to hijack the thread, but just to let you know that there is a fox very close to us, the house behind me had their coop broken into and the quails killed :evil:

I remember from the other thread you said you were walking distance from the vets, and so am I, so presume we are close (although you could be the other direction :lol: , I'm heading towards the iron bridge ) but just wanted to let you know to make sure everything is extra safe etc,

I've been debating whether or not to PM you, as didn't want to make you worry, but thought if it were me I'd rather know than not. :oops:

I've actually gone into worry overdrive as the buns will be going out in a few months when the playhouse/aviary is done, and have been thinking up ways to give extra protection. I lost a bunny to a fox when I was younger and lived in Witney, so don't want history repeating itself! :(

Sorry to hijack the thread, but just to let you know that there is a fox very close to us, the house behind me had their coop broken into and the quails killed :evil:

I remember from the other thread you said you were walking distance from the vets, and so am I, so presume we are close (although you could be the other direction :lol: , I'm heading towards the iron bridge ) but just wanted to let you know to make sure everything is extra safe etc,

I've been debating whether or not to PM you, as didn't want to make you worry, but thought if it were me I'd rather know than not. :oops:

I've actually gone into worry overdrive as the buns will be going out in a few months when the playhouse/aviary is done, and have been thinking up ways to give extra protection. I lost a bunny to a fox when I was younger and lived in Witney, so don't want history repeating itself! :(

Aw thanks for this.. Do you mean iron bridge as in the green one? I live RIGHT near there! Are you in a MQ? Or the ones along the main road? I could walk by your house every day!!!

But yeah back to the fox... My house backs onto the main road, 6 foot ish brick wall and then the trees behind.. I'm sure it could be quite easy for him to jump the wall, Will do some googling when I get back from school run about what I can do!

Thanks again!

Aw thanks for this.. Do you mean iron bridge as in the green one? I live RIGHT near there! Are you in a MQ? Or the ones along the main road? I could walk by your house every day!!!

But yeah back to the fox... My house backs onto the main road, 6 foot ish brick wall and then the trees behind.. I'm sure it could be quite easy for him to jump the wall, Will do some googling when I get back from school run about what I can do!

Thanks again!

Yep, the green one that took months and months for them to finish painting, when it was meant to be done in the school holidays :lol:

I'm not in MQ, but very close by! My road is off that main road, the one with the pointless mini roundabout at the end of it!!

If you ever see someone lugging a pet carrier down the road, having to stop every 20 metres to swap hands because it's so heavy, that's me :lol:

Back