• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay storage

I dont have bales but that looks ok to me...

As long as no weather can get in and it keeps it nice and dry it should be fine :wave:

I ahve a similar product, just watch the plastic lid doesn't distort (mine did after a reasonable time) so now I find it can get" slightly damp feeling" in there and I don't keep anything in there that isn't wrapped up in plastic "just in case" I probably abused mine shoving too much in there !

I ahve a similar product, just watch the plastic lid doesn't distort (mine did after a reasonable time) so now I find it can get" slightly damp feeling" in there and I don't keep anything in there that isn't wrapped up in plastic "just in case" I probably abused mine shoving too much in there !

How long have you had it and did you keep it in the sun :wave:

I dont understand paypal so dont use ebay :oops:

I think there have been a few threads on here saying the plastic style allow the rain in. They would be ok for inside a shed to protect it from roaving bunny mouths though.

You could think about wheelie bins, or the old fashioned bins with lids (£8 in wilks) I have mine in the coal shed which is seperate from the shed, and relatively dry. I can fit about 8 bales in there on their ends.

I have a simalar 1 and it just fits a bale of hay in and is weatherproof i've had mine yrs

I had a bin (80l) barely got an 8th of the bale in it :shock: I can cover the bale (and/or the box) with tarp though?

I am interested in this thread as I would love to buy a bale it's so much cheaper. I am sure this one has been raised before and someone said that plastic isn't good because it sweats in summer. :? I want to find something that doesn't let mice in - can't stand the little things, we live close to a heath so they are always about. :roll:

Im sure if you keep it in the shade during summer it wont be too bad :wave:
Ive found the exact same one on ebay for £25 ish, wish I could work ebay :roll:

I called the council and told them someone had stolen my wheelie bin so they bought me a new one out for my hay :D

Mine gets the sun on it and its fine think mine is a ketter 1 had it about 10yrs now and looks like new apart from its dirty :roll::lol:

I have one very similar to that and find it great for a hay bale. Mine is in the garage though so no exposure to rain or sun.

Back