PDA

View Full Version : Twelve Buns Arriving Today!!

parsnipbun
19-01-2011, 01:47 PM
:lol::lol: twelve of mine have been with Janice in Twickenham for bonding and they are coming home this evening!!! Hopefully they will stay happily in their new foursomes after they get home!! In the time she has managed to bond three foursomes we have almost bonded a pair at home ourselves:lol::lol::oops:

If all goes well we will now have
3x foursomes
5x pairs

Instead of 10 pairs and two singles - which was getting to be really tricky juggling with all the time needed for cleaning and lawn sharing etc.

many thanks to the wonderful Janice - who has saved me a fortune in new rabbit runs:lol::lol:

LilVicky
19-01-2011, 01:48 PM
:shock: :lol::lol:

I hope the bonds stick! :D

I bet your looking forward to having them home :love:

Will there be any photos? ;) :D

biscuitblossom
19-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Oh how brilliant!

Mind you I do think Janice is very brave doing all those group bonds :shock:

Who's with who?

parsnipbun
19-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Oh how brilliant!

Mind you I do think Janice is very brave doing all those group bonds :shock:

Who's with who?

Pumpkin, Comfrey, Nutmeg, Milk Thistle (the medium sized browns and harlequins)

Medlar, Willow, Bean Flower, Robinia (three agoutis and an odd one out who is now head bun!!)

Bluebell, Mulberry,Carnation Lily, Dandelion (the biggies - all very very laid back!)

Pansy and Blackthorn (the little madam refused to play ball so they are still in a pair: Typical BARC bunny:lol::lol:)

Viola Rose and Mistletoe Snowgoose (probably outside spring, summer and autumn only as VR has on-going ear problems after her myxi 18months ago)

Blackberry and Thistle (outside summer only): Blackberry has brain damage and other buns have problems accepting him - may try him and Parsley at some time as Parsley very very laid back usually!! but Thistle is a little madam.

Parsley and Peaches, (Patio share: did try a foursome with Peapod and Gooseberry but there was a bit of an incident with some head humping :oops::oops: and as Parsley still has his plums we did not want to risk an accidental neuter:shock::shock:)

Peapod and Gooseberry (Patio share) (see above - but this is a new pairing that is going very well - two unneuetered males both of whom have rejected females bonds)

Bet you wish you hadn't asked:lol::lol::lol:

biscuitblossom
19-01-2011, 02:08 PM
:lol:

I'm trying to remember who is who from when I was there :? :lol:

But ,from your description of characters, they sound like they're all well matched with each other ,I hope they all stay happy once they are home.

parsnipbun
19-01-2011, 02:22 PM
:lol:

I'm trying to remember who is who from when I was there :? :lol:

But ,from your description of characters, they sound like they're all well matched with each other ,I hope they all stay happy once they are home.

which reminds me - I found the bedroom dividing bit for the hutch you bought - do you want me to try and send it to you?? Found t last week!

bunnymadhouse
19-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Pansy .. i might have known .. you madam ;):lol:

well done with the rest :D

parsnipbun
19-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Pansy .. i might have known .. you madam ;):lol:

well done with the rest :D

'Look into my deep blue eyes and see daggers of steel' :shock::shock::shock:

She was having none of it and attacked two other rabbits simoultaneously whilst giving Blackthorn a warning kick to stay out of the way whilst she dealt with this:shock::shock:

bunnymadhouse
19-01-2011, 03:18 PM
'Look into my deep blue eyes and see daggers of steel' :shock::shock::shock:

She was having none of it and attacked two other rabbits simoultaneously whilst giving Blackthorn a warning kick to stay out of the way whilst she dealt with this:shock::shock:

:shock::shock::shock:

parsnipbun
19-01-2011, 03:21 PM
:shock::shock::shock:

Its the way you raise them - tough northern lasses:lol::lol::lol:

Mrs Ord
19-01-2011, 03:24 PM
The does are always the hardest. If it wasn't for Dexter i'd have bonded my two pairs in to a four by now. She is the smallest of the lot and by quite a bit but I know 100% she will tear the other two to shreds given the chance :roll: Jasper does not wear the fluffy pants in their relationship at all.

Well done on your happy quads :D

Tracy
19-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Brilliant :D

Hope we get to see pics :love:

Heather&Bart-MyLittleBuns
19-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Great news :D

Could we have pics ?? ;)

parsnipbun
19-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Pics? You will have to wait until they arrive back:lol::lol: Probably about 10pm or later

bunnymadhouse
19-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Its the way you raise them - tough northern lasses:lol::lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

susie bun
19-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Well done to all concerned.:thumb:

youthnovels
19-01-2011, 05:27 PM
I thought you meant a massive group of 12 at first, that would be awesome!

Santa
19-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Ooooh suddenly all of Janice's facebook statuses make sense, I wondered whose bunnies she was bonding :lol::lol:

So glad to hear that all has gone well, fingers crossed they continue to behave when they're back home on familiar turf!

kaths101
19-01-2011, 06:38 PM
awww WOW, groups of 4 are amazing!! ;)
Im glad she has managed to bond some into groups for you - brave lady!!

Life should be alot easier for you now :D

antigone
19-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Sending lots of bonding vibes xxx
I hope the buns remain bonded. :D

janice
19-01-2011, 08:24 PM
I thought you meant a massive group of 12 at first, that would be awesome!

Whilst I will give most bondings within reason a go, there is a limit to what I am up for :shock:

They have been on the road for about an hour now, so hopefully well on the way home now.

janice
19-01-2011, 08:25 PM
awww WOW, groups of 4 are amazing!! ;)
Im glad she has managed to bond some into groups for you - brave lady!!

Life should be alot easier for you now :D

Just think how much easier cleaning out in the cold weather will be like. More time for bunny cuddles :D

janice
20-01-2011, 11:07 PM
How have these bunnies been today?

kaths101
20-01-2011, 11:13 PM
I have been thinking about them too, hope all the buns are ok and still in their groups

VickiP
20-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Awww that sounds like a good idea, hope all is going well and the little tykes are being good now they are home again.:wave:

Alfagirl
21-01-2011, 11:03 AM
Wow!!
This is amazing Parsnipbun - and will be so much less trouble for you.

Janice was very kindly going to bond our lot for us, but after the 10hr move on Saturday, they are only now starting to perk-up.
So for the moment they are side-by-side, and hopefully we will bond some time in the future.

Bink
21-01-2011, 01:57 PM
I can't wait to hear how this lot are getting on :D

parsnipbun
26-01-2011, 01:24 PM
well so far so good - only one bond has had a rocky road (the four multi-coloured ones one of whom has a bit of a food territorial thing). We have put them back in a small confined space to get them re-bonding! The others all seem fine!!