• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vocal Bunnies

Amy104

Warren Veteran
Does anyone have bunnies that make soft grunting noises at them even though they've been neutered?

Fiver was done in November, which isn't a massive amount of time ago so I'm wondering if he's still hormonal are this is something else.

Its not an aggressive noise.

:wave:

Biscuit still 'honks' occasionally if he's *REALLY* exceited. :)

Normally if i shake the tub of crunchies :)

I have a few vocal bunnies, three in fact, all related.

Actually, two of them now have larygeal issues which is interesting. Never thought of that before.

I do have some bunnies that do 'talk' with 'excitement' in the same way they might with hormones, despite being neutered, but the worst is Badger who talks all the time.

Biscuit still 'honks' occasionally if he's *REALLY* exceited.

Thats def what it sounds like only its specifically directed at me. I'm not sure if he's still hormonal or if he's lonely. He's going to be rebonded with his brother but unfortunately Crunchie has an accident which meant a GA so I put his neuter op off as wanted him to get over the first op before I put him through another.

Does anyone have bunnies that make soft grunting noises at them even though they've been neutered?

Fiver was done in November, which isn't a massive amount of time ago so I'm wondering if he's still hormonal are this is something else.

Its not an aggressive noise.

Marvin grunts all the time. He will run about grunting and sniffing everytime he thinks food is about. I think it's just him getting excited, but if he thinks you have food he will circle you, jump all over you, and grunt all over you. :lol:

Actually, two of them now have larygeal issues which is interesting. Never thought of that before.

I do have some bunnies that do 'talk' with 'excitement' in the same way they might with hormones, despite being neutered, but the worst is Badger who talks all the time.

Now you mention it the other Bunny I have who makes such noises is Bluebell and vet suspects larangeal issues there also.

I hope its not a sign of things to come.

Both Fiver and his brother developed sneezing and discharge about two days after i brought them home. They were vet checked and he decided as it was mild we'd give them a chance to fight it off naturally. Both did.

I am so emotional over Bluebell right now I don't know what I'd do if I ended up with two more respitory buns. :cry:

Back