• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Arrival at The Rabbit Crossing - Owner Left the Country and Left Him Behind!

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Had a call from my friend Anne who runs Harper Asprey Wildlife Rescue this morning as she'd taken a call from someone really late last night who wanted her to take in a rabbit. She imagined a wildie, but it soon became clear that it was a domestic. So she passed the details to the caller and they phoned this morning. Heavy foreign accent said " the rabbits owner has left the country". We didn't get too far because the English was not great. Felt I should just go over rather than try and assess the rabbit's risk over the phone.

So glad I did. He was left behind by what I could imagine to be a 'friend' of the lady who called. The house looked like the sort of place that a number of people, maybe even asylum seekers will share. He was parked by the front door in a pet carrier. The pet carrier on closer inspection has clearly been where he has been living. Covered in urine crusting and filth. However he was bedded on hay and had clean fresh water with a bottle cover!

So someone cared enough to call a rescue and to feed him hay.

He's one handsome dude and should find a home easily when he's ready.

Meet Harper (the Sallander?)

MorningofArrival008.jpg

MorningofArrival009.jpg

MorningofArrival004.jpg

This is where he was living

MorningofArrival005.jpg

Last edited:
Awwww he is stunning, what a beautiful bunny he is going to make someone a wonderful pet (if you can part with him) he must think wow look at all this it's mine ! You've made my day, thank god for decent people :love:

He's amazingly friendly (especially considering he's unneutered and has been stuck in a box)

His colouring is awesome - apart from the wee stains. He's got a lollipop for a tail where the scald has damaged his fur, but just checked on him and he's sitting in his new litter tray scoffing hay! Got to be good. He's a big beast too (photos are deceptive).

And Vikki! LOL ITS NO MORE KEEPY BUNNY IN THIS HOUSE! honest injun.

MorningofArrival012.jpg

MorningofArrival011.jpg

MorningofArrival013.jpg

Another shot of his 'house'
MorningofArrival003.jpg

What a handsome fella, and on his way to a happier life - well done xx

Absolutely.

I actually already have someone in mind for this lad - when he's snipped of course. A great home who is needing a boy but where they aren't quite ready.

We have quite a number of open enquiries for boys at the moment and not enough of them that are ready to go around so I feel he'll find a home quite soon after he's been assessed and 'done' and had his vaccinations.

Gosh he's lovely! He looks a good weight too which is something at least!

He won't hang around for long ;)

He is lovely.

This is what happened to my Herbie, his owners moved and left him, except he was like this (sorry for massive pic)
teeth012.jpg
[/QUOTE]

He is lovely.

This is what happened to my Herbie, his owners moved and left him, except he was like this (sorry for massive pic)
teeth012.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Poor, poor bunny!

I am atleast thankful that this little guy Harper is not in dire condition like Herbie looked, and they did call a rescue. I got the impression that it might have been one of the people that had also lived in this house that went back to their own country and left the other lodgers to pick up the pieces. I could be completely wrong of course. I'm just so grateful they sought help.

I got the impression that it might have been one of the people that had also lived in this house that went back to their own country and left the other lodgers to pick up the pieces. I could be completely wrong of course. I'm just so grateful they sought help.[/QUOTE]

Does seem like that could be the case.
He is a wee smasher anyways :)

ETA: Dunno whats up with the quoting - soz!

Back