• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's a big day for Binky and Shadow (ebay bunnies) today ..

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
... they are going to be neutered, and have their teeth assessed, any dental work that needs doing and if necessary tear duct flush.

I'll be getting a better prognosis on their dental needs, I'm praying that one dental and good diet from now on will make a huge difference to them. Binky might need his incisors out at some point but we will get a better idea today, Frances Harcourt-Brown will be doing the honours some time this morning.

Hopefully they will at least feel better after today, though they are very happy little souls so the watery eyes don't seem to be upsetting them greatly.

Any spare vibes would be appreciated, they so deserve a good outcome :love::love:

Last edited:
Awwww, good luck boys, you're in the best possible hands - both with auntie Frances (doing the op) and auntie Alison (doing the aftercare). :love::love:

:love::love::love: Thanks guys.

I saw the veg delivery arriving as I left - plenty to tempt them with when they come round.

*Sigh*. Just waiting now ....

Lots of vibes xxx

They are in brilliant hands. My Herbie was referred to FHB (he has severe dental issues), she is fantastic. :D

Lots of vibes xxx

They are in brilliant hands. My Herbie was referred to FHB (he has severe dental issues), she is fantastic. :D

Thanks. I'm very lucky to have such a great vet only 40 minutes away :D

Well, the phone hasn't rung, so no news is good news.

I'm going to work now so won't be able to update til evening, though I'm to ring at four to get an update.

:shock: Very inconsiderate of you to go to work Alison when we're waiting for updates. :no: ;) I hope all is well. :D

:shock: Very inconsiderate of you to go to work Alison when we're waiting for updates. :no: ;) I hope all is well. :D

Thanksies. Yeah, bad me going to work and enjoying myself :roll::lol::lol:

The boys are home and doing well.

I got a call from vets at about 3.15 (heart in mouth) just to say that they were doing fine and could come home. Now I just assumed they'd be having dental work, tear ducts flushing as well as neuter so I assumed they would need to stay. I only got to work at 2pm and should have stayed til 6pm which would not have been long enough to get to vets by 6.30pm :? So, as I had nothing to do I left work at 4, rearranged my kitchen (only decent sized bunny free zone) then dashed off to collect B&S, only to get stuck behind a tractor for 7 miles at 25-30mph :evil: Arrived at vets at about 6.26 *gasp*. I still had loads of work to do so didn't get on to update last night *sorry*:oops::oops: Then at 11.30 pm Elijah had belly ache but fortunately half an hour later he was begging again.

Anyhows, I'm still not 100% sure of the prognosis re their teeth but it seems very likely that the weepy eyes are caused by their tooth roots blocking their tear ducts. Binky had his incisors reshaped, not sure what the score is re his incisors for the future but the rest of his teeth are okay. He eats a lot of hay so I'm not totally surprised to hear that.

Shadow on the other hand, his teeth are not great but are quite flat - possibly a suggestion that he's had dental work done in the past :? He has quite a few teeth missing and it's likely that he doesn't eat hay because the nerves of his teeth hurt when he tries to eat anything hard, so he will probably not be able to eat hay.

I'll get to have a better discussion on it next week when they go for their post-op check and VHD jabs.

Poor Shadow looked very sorry for himself yesterday evening and didn't eat a great deal until the early hours... Binky on the other hand - you'd not know he'd had a GA at all.

Sorry I missed this yesterday - I was at work in the morning but shpuld have spotted it later. :oops: Sending recovery vibes for the lads. :wave:

Sorry I missed this yesterday - I was at work in the morning but shpuld have spotted it later. :oops: Sending recovery vibes for the lads. :wave:

Thank you. They were both nomming away happily this evening and didn't mind the oven being on (they are in the kitchen). Rudy Roo would have been petrified of it

I just have to work out when to put them out now as it's suddenly turned very cold. My kitchen is unheated (apart from gentle heat last night). I might have to do a few hours out during the day and back in at night for a day or two.

Sorry I missed this thread. I have just had to search as I was wondering about the little guys and knew you would have posted an update. How are they doing? I hope they are ok and that the dental problems can be managed!:wave:

I missed your last couple of posts on here too. :oops: I think you should ask the mods if your thread titles can be big and sparkly so I can spot them easily from the list of New Posts. ;) Or I could actually open my eyes in future. :lol::lol:

I'm so pleased it all went well. Have they been for their post op check yet? Just wondering what else you've found out about their dental problems.

I'm also sorry I missed this thread especially as you are not too far away from us ...

Hope Binky and Shadow are now over their op's and doing well xx

Back