• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do people cope with house rabbits??!!

FudgeTort

Wise Old Thumper
I had Mol and Bri in today since we had the heating off.

How do people who have them free range in the house manage all the time?

They followed me round all day, soon caught onto which rooms they werent allowed in and persisted to try to get into said rooms.

Every time I opened the fridge, Molly would dive into the salad shelf, grab the brocolli and actually run off with it! I was putting a load of washing on, turned away for a second, and then she was IN the washing machine. Brian tried to eat some coal that had fallen on the floor, and when I stopped him doing this, he thought eating the brush I use to clean the fire was a great idea!

This is just a few of the things they have been up to today!

I loved it really!

I love Louie being freerange! Even though my laptop charger is now held together with sellotape, I have a puppy pen in my back living which doesn't look very attractive, ditto the conservatory, but I wouldn't change it for anything!

:shock: My bunnies never are like that (well besides following me). You have naughty buns! :lol:

:lol: :lol: the funniest thread of the evening ..... I have 8 house bunnies at the moment, and still have all my hair! (just) :lol:

I don't know... I can't really cope with them in the house. But Dillan was very very naughty and seems to have put me off for life :lol: :lol:

Helen xx

:lol::lol: Naughty bunnies :no:
Oscar is usually well behaved, but loves wires! We lost our phone cable this week to him, and laptop cables have chucks missing...

Oh, and he's eaten some of my homework and folders before too!

I love Louie being freerange! Even though my laptop charger is now held together with sellotape, I have a puppy pen in my back living which doesn't look very attractive, ditto the conservatory, but I wouldn't change it for anything!

The must have a thing for laptop chargers because I'm on my 3rd...and it's currently holding on by a string...:roll::lol:
I think the more they get used to it, the better they behave. Mine seem to know the rules now. So now I just have chewed up clothes and walls and cords as a memory of when they were bad :lol::lol:

I know the feeling! :roll:

naughtym.jpg

Forgot something else they did to keep them amused. I had some socks hanging from the radiator on one of those airer rack things. Brian stood on his back legs and pulled them all off :lol:

Oh, I do love them, and they enjoyed their day, lots of binkies were had. :love:

Btw, we have had LOADS of cables (phone, laptop, dvd player, pc, etc.) chewed over the years (all turned off of course!) ........ luckily my OH is a wiring technician! :lol:

I miss the escapades that Lucky got up to when he was a house bun.

Laying in wait on the stairs for a potential victim was one of his traits! :lol:

And from Feb - May he ate a few chargers - laptops, phones, DS and iPod ones, wallpaper, sofas, shoes, jackets, carpet, my fave hoody (it's still my fave), and wee'd on my quilt more times than i care to remember (at one point, it was his fave place to 'go' while i was sleeping :roll: )

I must admit, now he has a friend of his own kind and in their own space in the outhouse, we have much less interaction and i sooo miss it.

I guess humping your sofa cushions and nibbling your best mates bottom - and toenail - stays out of that!!! :oops: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wanna swap bunnies???! lol Mine dont do anything like that but I so wish they would!

They just sit upstairs snuggled up together and dont really do anything at all. They are allowed anywhere in the house but just stay in 1 room mostly, I wish they were more adventurous....maybe they are a little too old for trouble making (they are nearly 6 and 7 years old)

Bless your cute buns :love:

Wanna swap bunnies???! lol Mine dont do anything like that but I so wish they would!

They just sit upstairs snuggled up together and dont really do anything at all. They are allowed anywhere in the house but just stay in 1 room mostly, I wish they were more adventurous....maybe they are a little too old for trouble making (they are nearly 6 and 7 years old)

Bless your cute buns :love:

Aww, I think mine are about 3 or 4, but to be honest, I think Molly in particular will always be completely mental. :lol::lol:

Brian is easily influenced, and copies whatever she does.

I LOVE having house bunnies. A house just isn't a home without bunny.:love::love: I've got used to being followed (would feel a bit lost if they didn't) and everything is THEIRS. They are the biggest moths in the world as I always find chomp holes in blankets (and clothes if they get the chance).

Never underestimate a determined rabbit - this I have learned. Now I have baby gates :):lol::love:

Back