• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Greens shortage??

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
Today Ive tried my large Tesco, Sainsburys and Asda not one of them had a greens delivery :shock::shock: I promised D&D a nice fresh bag of greens tonight. In the 2.5yrs I've had them I've never once not been able to get greens but it's not looking good!! I have one more Sainsburys I can try on my way home and thats it! Poor Daisy, first she is banned from any treats, then I removed the Oat Hay as she still wasnt losing weight, now if the greens go she might just pack her bags and leave :(

Today Ive tried my large Tesco, Sainsburys and Asda not one of them had a greens delivery :shock::shock: I promised D&D a nice fresh bag of greens tonight. In the 2.5yrs I've had them I've never once not been able to get greens but it's not looking good!! I have one more Sainsburys I can try on my way home and thats it! Poor Daisy, first she is banned from any treats, then I removed the Oat Hay as she still wasnt losing weight, now if the greens go she might just pack her bags and leave :(

B&G have had no spring greens for 3 weeks now :(

They just don't sell it at the moment. B&G have a cabbage from Tesco, first 'green' thing really that theyve had in weeks.

They've been living on brocolli, cauli, herbs and a teeny amount of carrot. They don't like me right now as Spring Greens are part of their staple diet :(

How is Daisy's weight doing?

I think Ginger would like her to come and stay if she does pack!

I've had the same problem. My nine always have spring greens in the morning and at tea-time but they have missed out a few times lately. I am not sure what else I can give them as money is really tight (am over my overdraft limit and bank won't let me have any more money:()

I went out to try and pick something earlier but it's all looking tatty because of the snow and frost we have had so I had to give up.

I got some kale for eight of them as it was reasonably priced but daren't give that to Sue as it's high in calcium. I do have some apple she can have - she loves that. And I have some new yummy hay and a few carrots too they can have to stop them sulking.

The last lot of spring greens I did buy was really manky anyway and I had to throw a lot of it away. I wouldn't have eaten it so there was no way I was giving it to my bunsters.

Yes me too. The last lot of greens I bought were yucky too - tried to pick the best from the shelf, but it was still full of yellow bits, brown bits and holes :evil: not good!

I have Savoy cabbage at the moment which the buns like, but it is more expensive than Spring Greens and doesn't last as long :(

Poor Daisy, I hope her weight starts to go down soon, does she like broccoli? Mine love it and managed to get some reduced to 10p in Tesco last week.

Yes I have to agree the ones I have managed to get have been awful and Ive thrown loads away!

Graham her Fattyness does not appear to be losing weight, in fact since norty nommies were stopped her weight seems to have increased!! she eats tons of hay especially the Burns green oat hay and Ive come to the conclusion it must be that, so its off the menu for a while to see if that helps. Shes due her official weigh in in March!

Yes me too. The last lot of greens I bought were yucky too - tried to pick the best from the shelf, but it was still full of yellow bits, brown bits and holes :evil: not good!

I have Savoy cabbage at the moment which the buns like, but it is more expensive than Spring Greens and doesn't last as long :(

Poor Daisy, I hope her weight starts to go down soon, does she like broccoli? Mine love it and managed to get some reduced to 10p in Tesco last week.

They used to love it when they were younger but then stopped eating it which was a bit strange :? Ive tried it on and off and they eat a few bits then stop again! I migght have to get some as a substitute tonight and a savoy cabbage!

Right Im off on my final Spring Greens quest wish me luck!!

Yes I have to agree the ones I have managed to get have been awful and Ive thrown loads away!

Graham her Fattyness does not appear to be losing weight, in fact since norty nommies were stopped her weight seems to have increased!! she eats tons of hay especially the Burns green oat hay and Ive come to the conclusion it must be that, so its off the menu for a while to see if that helps. Shes due her official weigh in in March!

Ginger put on 300g in about 2 weeks after eating oat hay :shock: She was eating bucket loads of it however, i can't afford to buy it atm, so her weight gain slowed down massively :wave:

Is she really overweight, or is she just big furred? In all seriousness.

I think Ginger wants her to come stay so they can go and sit on the beach in their bunkini's :)

Re the greens, Asda here havent actually sold them for 3 weeks :shock: i asked and they said they havent got any deliveries scheduled either :(

I don't give spring greens anymore but we have had a few occasions when the choice of herbs has been limited. :?

I had the same problem this week, could be due to the bad winter i suppose. Must be something about the name daisy as my daisy is a little fatty too!!!!

If you can't find spring greens in the supermarket, use pointed, tenderheart, sweetheart or savoy cabbage instead :wave:

Be careful about feeding too much kale or broccoli as a substitute because the former is rather high in calcium and the latter can be very gassy

I got Spring Greens in Lidl for 59p at the weekend. Spenser ate them when mixed in with kale, but has lost interest since the kale ran out. I try not to give him kale because of its high calcium content, but he is such a fussy nommer I do have to buy it quite often to tempt him. He used to like broccoli, but has gone right off it. Ditto rocket.

Poor, poor Daisy. :(

i do shopping online...no spring greens for a few weeks..even went to local asda..none there either.

re kale....it gave merlin terrible gas and the broccoli.....so have ordered green cabbage and organic carrots.

might be worth trying small greengrocers?

well my last hope was hopeless no greensies!! The savoy cabbage was unceremoniously dumped out of the bowl and nudged out of the way :lol: Daisy didn't appear to be too miffed as she did a massive Binky on her way from the hay basket back to the veg bowl!! I will be resuming my quest today and I have a scout in Northampton!

I have always alternated between spring greens and savoy cabbage. I also have not been able to get any spring greens....well there was one pre-shredded pack in asda, but it looked awful, so i left it!

My two always have plenty more veg & herbs. I am sure they probably dont even notice. Although i bet they munch right into the greens when i eventually get them.

We've had the same problem here too. We tried Morrisons and Asdas - i will try Lidls in my lunch break.

Back