• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ruby & Ben

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Rubys eye is near enough healed and she was discharged on Friday :D :D

Her and Ben remain separate, Bens living in our wendy house at present with a indoor happy hutch for night time.

I cant decide what to do, i tried putting them back together after Rubys op, but it was too much too soon.

Both seem happy as they are and i dont know whether its worth the risk of trying again?

I also seem to find it hard seeing them on there own, but what can i do?

:?

I dont know anything about bonding or rebonding - i'm so sorry. But i didnt want to read and run.

However, i did read that it's a good idea to start at 9am on a weekday - only because vets are open all day from then on and if anything went drastically wrong, you wont have to cope with the hassle of finding emergency vets and coping with their fees should anything bad happen???

I'd love for someone else experienced to jump in though????

Wish i could be of real help. There are soo many experienced people on here that would be able to answer better.

I read this earlier and would've replied if I had anything useful to contribute :oops: I'm glad to read Ruby's eye is doing better though :D

How long have they been apart Nat? Sorry I can't remember - brain the size of a pea sometimes :oops:

If it's been several weeks & you've got a few days together, I'd be tempted to try them back together under very close supervision & see how they are.

It might help to put them side by side in separate cages, so they can see each other and see how they behave, good luck with whatever you decide:wave:

Glad she's doing well. If Ben did the damage to her eye I personally would never bond them again. Could you try them as trios with your other bunnies?

Back