• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Worms?

paulinejoe

Mama Doe
Can buns get worms? last night i was cleaning out their bedroom, well toilet :roll: bit, and noticed a white 'thing' i wondered if it was a worm then thought it was probably just a bit of wet newspaper and that i couldn't see properly what it was in the dark so binned it.

It;s been bothering me ever since though. I'm just on the hay experts website getting a basket ready for payday next tuesday (woo hoo!) and notice they sell something called 'verm-x' nuggets which are for 'internal parasites'

Has anyone any experience of these? and can rabbits get actual worms? if so would these natural nuggets get rid of them or are they only a preventative mesaure? Or should I be whipping them off to the vets?

They can get pin worms. A course of panacur should do the trick. I think the 9 days is sufficent if its just worms you are treating as opposed to EC.

Thanks :) I've just googled pinworms images and it came up with a thread from here from last year lol and it definitely doesn't look like that at all, so i'm sure it will be as i suspected, a bit of shredded newspaper that had got wet. They are off to the vets next week for their vacs so will mention it to her then and enquire about the panacur.

Back