• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving - new garden?

Fern

New Kit
I'm possibly moving into a maisonette but the garden isn't directly attached to the property and I really want to take my 2 bunnies with me. Everyone's advising me to rehome them but I can't do that.

I would keep them with their 6ft hutch but the large run they currently have all day long only works because someone is home during the day to keep an eye (they won't be in the new place). I'm thinking of getting an enclosure or a fixed on run but I'm not sure about leaving them alone all day while we're at work. Would they be ok if they were in the hutch allday and let out when I'm around? Or is it a bad idea allround?

I would like some advice to ease my mind. They're 3 year old mini-lops.

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems. I have no useful advice (sorry for that too) but didn't want to just read it and not reply.

I really hope you manage to sort something out for them.

Good luck.x

Is the garden your property? Ie only you have access?

I work and my bunnies are home in their runs unattended all day without a prob. Just make sure its secure against predators etc.

If you were really worried how about an aviary with the hutch inside. You could padlock the door so no-one could get in if its the people aspect that concerns you?

It would depend on who can access the garden and if you trust your neighbours. I don't have your problem but if I did my neighbours are great and i'd have no probelm leaving them unattended knowing my neighbours would look out for them. If your garden can be accessed by people other than the neighbours I personally wouldn't take the risk.

my 3 are in the run attached to the shed while i am at work all day. as said before just make sure it secure from preditors.
i might also be worried if they were visable to people passing?

it all depends on how secure the garden is. :?

Thanks for the replies. The garden would be my property. The maisonette below has a garden attatched and this garden is behind that and backs onto a small playing field. The fences are low (apart from the one at the back) so technically anyone could get in but I don't thinks that will be a problem. I'd definitely fix locks onto everything.

As other people have said, do other people have access to the garden? How secure/ out of public site is it? (most people gareden isn't totally secure - little you can legally do to shop someone getting a ladder and climbing into your gardn!)

I am at work all day and my bunnies have access to secured runs attached to their shed/hutch. They are completly covered.

Hannah :)

As long as it's secure I wouldn't worry. You could ask about putting taller fences up which would reduce the risk of people coming in, I suppose it depends on what sort of area it is. The fact it backs on to a playing field is a slight worry as kids may come in to have a look.

Our garden isn't connected directly to our flat and our buns are absolutely fine, it's brick walled though so people coming in isn't a worry.

Back