• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fleas, cats, and rabbits

FudgeTort

Wise Old Thumper
Have done a quick search but couldn't find the answer!

Basically, my cat was treated with frontline spot on about a week ago. Now I know that frontline is poisonous to Bunsters, so obviously wouldnt go near them with it.

Now its getting a bit warmer, I've started letting the bunnies come inside for a bit when we have the heating off.

Tula (the cat) is always put outside when I let the bunsters in, but I was wondering if it would be possible to introduce them together, supervised of course, when they were in the house. Saves poor Tula having to stay outside.

Will the fact that she has been treated with frontline matter if the bunnies are grooming and sniffing her etc?

Sorry if this is a daft question!

Laura.

the frontline is only life threatening if the stuff is still moist.

and if your buns get fleas..then i recommend advantage cat and kitten drop on..genetrix stuff is no good at all.

my buns merlin and bertie have come back with fleas or flea dirt on them after stayin g in at the vets..im angry cos they seem to think i have a flea problem and just wont admit it!!

not a grain of flea dirt on bertie..but got 3 fleas off of him.....none on the cats..tried bluebell but she freaked....they were all treated for fleas last month for heavens sake when we didnt have any indoors.....i am going to power up the steam cleaner and do the whole house..works better than awful chemical sprays for the house.
but im the first person fleas bite...anywhere i go even in town when i petted a huge golden retriever..and came away with a massive gibger flea sucking the blood out of the back of my hand..im vintage blood i guess:lol:

if you use advantage still give the stuff time to dry...and put it wherte buns cant lick it off themselves..the buns wont like the smell on the cats so wont wash it off them and vice versa.

hope thats helped..psst if your cat weighs same or similar to your buns...you can buy a pack of 6 works out cheaper.:wave:

There is Advantage for bunnies.and it works really well.
Cant remember the name of the stuff I treat the cats with but I get it from the vets and it treats both fleakies and worms.Back of the neck stuff.....

Back