• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This just about sums up most peoples knowledge of rabbits...

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Graham Lilley says (11:39)
gonna pop out at 12 again mate
for ~20 mins

Colleague (Remote Support) says (11:44)
yeah thats cool

Graham Lilley says (11:45)
bought a bag of hay yesterday
but its damp and stinks
so i cant feed it
and ive not got any more
bunsters are not happy with me

Colleague(Remote Support) says (11:45)
lol

Colleague (Remote Support) says (11:46)
i thought rabbit eat carrots

Graham Lilley says (11:46)

they do, but they can have tiny tiny amounts of it, its too high in sugar
90% of their diet shuold be hay.

Colleague (Remote Support) says (11:48)
What, like horses eat?

:roll:

Last edited:
:shock:

Even though I wasn't the best owner when I was younger at least I knew rabbits needed hay. And didn't just eat carrots:roll:

My sister was feeding her next door neighbours rabbits over xmas. When she went there the first day she couldnt find any pellets. She range her neighbour and he said, "oh I knew I had forgotten something! Never mind there are apples and carrots in the fridge give them those till I get back! My sister said there was virtually no hay in the hutch either.

She didnt tell me until a couple of weeks later, otherwise I would have gone over with supplies. It makes me sooo cross!

On top of that he has six rabbits in a small 4ft hutch! :censored::censored:

My sister was feeding her next door neighbours rabbits over xmas. When she went there the first day she couldnt find any pellets. She range her neighbour and he said, "oh I knew I had forgotten something! Never mind there are apples and carrots in the fridge give them those till I get back! My sister said there was virtually no hay in the hutch either.

She didnt tell me until a couple of weeks later, otherwise I would have gone over with supplies. It makes me sooo cross!

:cry::cry::cry:

my little brother told me he didn't know what rabbits could be like until he came here and saw mine charging around. I told him that's why I get so sad about tiny hutches etc :(

What, all in the same hutch??

Then again, when I took Oscar home for christmas my dad asked why I needed a big crate and run, and why I made him take a big bag of hay home... :roll:

I guess that rabbits are always portayed as muching on a carrot,we know they enjoy them but it would like us only eating chocolate I guess?
How would our health be then....:?

at least he knew that horses eat hay (and not just sugar lumps)
I despair of the human race (RU apart)

i've been called cruel because i don't give my rabbits carrots:roll:

(eric doesn't like them and more than a tiny nibble for esme gives her a gassy tum followed by runny poop).

Back