• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many panels

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
Would I need for a 9x6x6ft aviary if the panels are 3x6ft? Do I need roof panels, I want to put corregated plastic on the roof :wave:

You would need 10 panels, and no, you need any on the roof, you would just put straps of wood across to hold the plastic.

thankyou :wave:
Next question - how do I attach mesh to the floor? :? I cant very well build it and tip it on its end to staple mesh on :lol:

I would use 16 panels and do the roof and the floor also. If you don't do the roof you will end up with gaps because you slope the corrugated sheets. Also the corrugated sheets can break. You can lay the floor panel and then put some turf on top of the mesh and the roots will grow through the mesh.

I would use 16 panels and do the roof and the floor also. If you don't do the roof you will end up with gaps because you slope the corrugated sheets. Also the corrugated sheets can break. You can lay the floor panel and then put some turf on top of the mesh and the roots will grow through the mesh.

thankyou so just one big cube of aviary panels top,sides and bottom?

I think that would be the easiest option...remember the door though! :lol:

yes thats a must :lol: Works out at about £180 for the whole aviary. not too bad IMO :) and then a £25 delivary charge. I need to save about £80 :thumb:

and then the money for the turf and nommy plants

Would you lay slabs/bricks and sit the aviary ontop of those aswell? To stop the wood rotting :?

Had mine two years and it hasn't rotted yet. The floor panels will need replacing at some point though I'm sure. You would need 6 rolls of B&Q turf @ £2.50 each for a 6ft x 9ft area.

Back