• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kenco and Muesli are Having GA Today...U/D post 33

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
Kenco and Muesli are both at the vets today. They are both having a GA for x-rays, bloods and potential ultrasounds if needed and a thorough look at their teeth.

Kenco and Muesli have had similar symptoms of excessive drinking and urinating outside of their trays. Muesli has also had urine scald a couple of times and has lost weight. Kenco's came on gradually (and we knew he had trouble with his litter habits before we took him) but Muesli's came on quite suddenly. Despite them having similar symptoms they saw different vets and they've both had different approaches.

We're hoping that at least after today we will have a better idea of what's going on with both of them and any treatment they may need. I am nervous about the results in case they are bad, and nervous for them anyway.

Last edited:
Masses and masses of vibes for this gorgeous pair and calming vibes for you Helen, hope everything goes well and that they will soon be back home with you, good luck and keep us posted

Thank you both. 4 of our 6 are up at the vets and its very strange here without them. We can ring after 1pm for news. 3 more hours!

Sending vibes and thinking of you. xx

I work late on Tuesday but I'll check when I get home to see if there is an update. :wave:

Sending lots of vibes for Kenco and Muesli. I hope you get to the bottom of it and the tests show something simple and easily treatable. xx

Oh I didn't realise it was today :oops::oops:

Lots and lots of luck and love from me and the buns xx :):wave:

Thank you Vicky. Really it was only meant to be Kenco today but we both thought well lets take Muesli at the same time and see what they say about him and the vet agreed it would be sensible to go down that route with Muesli as well today. I hope this was an ok thing to do :oops: but we feel we need to know what is going on for him.

Thank you everyone for the vibes and messages. x

lots of vibes for Kenco and Muesli and hope the results of the tests this afternoon will help get the treatment for them to get better.
sue:wave:

Thinking about you Helen! Hope the kids get through the GA ok, and that you finally get some answers for the pair of them! PM me later and let me know how it goes xx

Thank you Vicky. Really it was only meant to be Kenco today but we both thought well lets take Muesli at the same time and see what they say about him and the vet agreed it would be sensible to go down that route with Muesli as well today. I hope this was an ok thing to do :oops: but we feel we need to know what is going on for him.

Thank you everyone for the vibes and messages. x

No definitely the right thing to do :thumb: I'm sorry I've got a feeling i've not yet replied to your message :oops::oops: so sorry. I completely agree you are doing the right thing and you must let me know how they both get on xx

Thanks very much.

OH has just rung vets - apparently they are both being done now as they are running a bit behind schedule, so we are to phone back at 2pm.

Yes, we have just heard that they are awake and are doing ok, so the good news is that they are out of GA :). I hope they will be taken care of now by Starbuck and Fay and can have a little rest for the effects to wear off :( My poor little brave men!

I cant speak to the vet until we pick them up tonight at 6pm-ish, I cant wait to see them. Just dreading the results :( I hope they will be ok.

PS I am meant to be on a study day today - but how much studying do you think I have got done? :oops::oops:

I am so pleased they are through it, lets hope you have some good news, I know Rebecca is very thorough, good luck for later and keep us posted

Back