• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Biscuit has decided that today is going to be the day that...

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
...he escapes up the stairs every 5 minutes to come and see me :lol:

So far, we've had 4 escape attempts that were successful :shock:

He just hops up the stairs, looks at me and binkies off into our bedroom :lol:

6 times now...

I've now put the bin infront of the stair panels to stop him moving them :lol:

He now looks all confuddled as to why pulling at them isn't working :love:

Oh bless, does Ginger follow him?

Nope :( Ginger's still not capable of doing stairs, even with her 4x weekly 'stair lessons' (We're doing it as a kind of physio to help build muscles in her hind legs) but she can only do about 5 stairs then gives up and just looks up, longingly waiting for Biscuit to come back down, which he won't, unless i chase him back down :roll:

Nope :( Ginger's still not capable of doing stairs, even with her 4x weekly 'stair lessons' (We're doing it as a kind of physio to help build muscles in her hind legs) but she can only do about 5 stairs then gives up and just looks up, longingly waiting for Biscuit to come back down, which he won't, unless i chase him back down :roll:

I once had a bun who could never come down stairs - although she went up them quick enough! Although she could go up them, she had this mental block about coming down them, probably as buns are just so bum heavy!

Have you thought about putting treats on the stairs (obviously once greedy Biscuit's out the way :lol: as it may encourage her to try again. Some rabbits just don't like stairs (I'm none too fond myself) but it would be nice if she could catch up with Biscuit, so they can both pester (sorry, give snuggles to) you.

I once had a bun who could never come down stairs - although she went up them quick enough! Although she could go up them, she had this mental block about coming down them, probably as buns are just so bum heavy!

Have you thought about putting treats on the stairs (obviously once greedy Biscuit's out the way :lol: as it may encourage her to try again. Some rabbits just don't like stairs (I'm none too fond myself) but it would be nice if she could catch up with Biscuit, so they can both pester (sorry, give snuggles to) you.

Yeah part of our physio work for her is treats on the stairs, but it seems to really take it out of her.

She has improved though however, as she couldnt even do one step, so just lots of time, patience and lots of parsley and we should be okay in the end i hope.

Back