• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Incas flower - could it be the washing powder?

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Re this thread... http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?p=4321874&posted=1#post4321874

Thinking of all the stuff that could be irritating her. I recently changed washing powder, i wash all the rugs, fleeces, blankets, towels that she lies on quite often. As her wee flower sticks out a wee bit, it kinda rests on the floor when she sits & lies down. Do you think it could be the new washing powder maybe irritating her?

I am going to just get new stuff tonight anyways as it is worth a shot (pointless thread i suppose, cos i have made up my mind!!)

I suppose its worth a shot.

Humans can become irritated by the differences in washing powders etc, so i'd assume any skin irritation could be caused by the same in another creature :)

I'd say it could definately be irritating her. Have you tried fairy? That's really good and as its more suitable for babies might help things.

Yes definitely a possibility. I'm totally allergice to biological washing powders.
Fairy is good I agree but not cruelty free so I now use this thesedays and it's great stuff - all bunny towels washed with it too.
http://www.simplywashing.com/ I get the non-bio ones they sell it in Waitrose and probably loads of other places, just that Waitrose is my local.

I also do an extra rinse on most washes! :wave:

ETA looking at the link it's the Simply Sensitive washing tablets I get.

Whatever you use, I'd recommend an additional rinse too - so much gets left behind in the clothes.

Thanks guys, deffo mind made up now, i am going to get some baby friendly stuff tonight.

Is there any suitable softners?

Thanks guys, deffo mind made up now, i am going to get some baby friendly stuff tonight.

Is there any suitable softners?

I use waitrose own sensitive brand or Ecover sensitive - trying to be cruelty free but struggling to find one I like so far so these two are fine. Sainsbury's sensitive fabric conditioner is fine on my skin too.

Just bear in mind that all fabric conditioners leave behind a chemical on the linen which is how they make it soft, it is not rinsed off. It is not recommended to use fabric conditioner for babies so I would probably avoid it for Inca too to be honest.

I use waitrose own sensitive brand or Ecover sensitive - trying to be cruelty free but struggling to find one I like so far so these two are fine. Sainsbury's sensitive fabric conditioner is fine on my skin too.

Just bear in mind that all fabric conditioners leave behind a chemical on the linen which is how they make it soft, it is not rinsed off. It is not recommended to use fabric conditioner for babies so I would probably avoid it for Inca too to be honest.

Thanks, no softener will be used :)

Folk on here just know so much, ta x

my dad used to use daz and that was terrible for my skin, so theres a really good chance the washing powder youve changed to could be irritating her precious parts.

hope she feels better soon xxx

Back