• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Teasel found a new friend....

Sadly not another bun but...

Since Arnie died before Christmas Teasel has been nothing short of her old major handful self. She has never been the easiest of rabbits to look after.

She has been more bad tempered and grouchy of late - just like she was when we first had her. She likes watching Pumpkin bomb around like a maniac and the occasional nose rub through bars but that is as far as she is willing to go.

Made her a box with vet bed, offered her a snuggle safe, provided a hay box, bought her some new soft fleeces. Out of all my buns she is the one who loves to snuggle the most. All she has done for my efforts is turn her back on me.

Came home today to find her snuggled up and grooming a bright orange and red huge fluffy toy fish.

Ben had decided she looked lonely and needed a friend who did not answer back, bounce about or smell so he went and found one of Elly's toy fish and put it in her cage. :shock: Teasel is quite taken with this and grooms its fins then snuggles up with her head on its tail. Its the first time she has not ripped a soft toy to pieces and given her age I think I will leave her to it. She is able to see Pumpkin, rub noses through bars so she cannot try and rip him to pieces when he gets things wrong and she can cuddle that weird looking toy fish.

Poor Pumpkin- he would love to be friends with teasel but she just will not let him.

Poop Pumpkin, but it sounds as if Teasel has indeed found a new friend, if aa rather strange choice. Are you considering bonding Pumpkin to another bunny if he is lonely?

I hit problems with Pumpkin thanks to his eyesight- its very poor and he is prone to lunge. That has not gone done well with the girls.

Teasel was interested in him until he decided a girls ear was the best end of a doe to hump.:shock:
That ruined his chances somewhat and I do not think she has forgiven him.

Doodee came through to see him but Pumpkin went for her and Doodee being Doodee did a good impression of a rabbit eating monster.

My current set up consists of three 'hard to home' rescue rabbits- would love to have more but the money only goes so far.

Teasel [9] the uber aggresive and very territorial elderly doe who was nearly PTS after chomping through a child; Doodee [think she is between 3-4]special re-home due to severe behavioural issues resulting from cruelty & Pumpkin who I had from Becky-Walsall RSPCA {sight and dental bun who steals bananas}.

i was wondering how things were going:wave:

teasel's new friend sounds lovely - he/she won't be doing any of that annoying humping!

glad little pumpkin is ok:D

Pumpkin is gorgoeus but a complete muppet. :D
He is utterly daft and has no fear, he runs into walls looked surprised then heads off and binkies straight into a door. I think he is just too full of life for Teasels taste; she prefers a buck you can bully into submission.

Thankfully he is a fantastic hay monster and spends most of his day chomping the stuff, dragging it all over my kitchen and making one heck of a bun mess. I can only let him in the dining room if I am with him to watch what he is up to as I now have a badly chewed and repaired chair.;)

Pumpkin is gorgoeus but a complete muppet. :D
He is utterly daft and has no fear, he runs into walls looked surprised then heads off and binkies straight into a door. I think he is just too full of life for Teasels taste; she prefers a buck you can bully into submission.

Thankfully he is a fantastic hay monster and spends most of his day chomping the stuff, dragging it all over my kitchen and making one heck of a bun mess. I can only let him in the dining room if I am with him to watch what he is up to as I now have a badly chewed and repaired chair.;)

he sounds like my kinda bun:lol::love:

Back