• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone Else Have The 'Carrot Play Patch'?

sonnet

Alpha Buck
Does anyone else have the 'Carrot Play Patch' shown here?
http://www.vagavalley.co.uk/bunnysupplies/grass_and_sissal.html

I bought it for Dylan & he loved it & I assumed it was all totally edible & therefore safe.
However, he has nibbled along the edges & pulled off some of the edging which is fine but it has revealed what looks like glue on the side of the patch now which I'm horrified at.
Surely it can't be safe if it's glue - I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as safe glue?!
Anyway it's been taken away from him (which he's not very happy about!) but does anyone who owns this toy have any ideas? Has this happened to you too? Is there an alternative to glue that looks like dried glue but isn't! :?

Hiya, I had the same, mine are now on their third carrot patch and have demolished it. I was told by P@H that it was 100% safe...not sure if that's the case or not :?

Yes I bought two for my buns for Christmas, they have exposed the glue stuff and I have been wondering about it! I don't know whether it's safe or not really, they don't seem to nibble the glue bits, just the straw bits... :?

My boys have trashed several of these, and never had any problems. I always assumed that anything used in them would be bunny safe as they are made for being destroyed....

I insisted on a refund as I was not at all happy with the glue and P@H said they 'could not guarantee it's safety if ingested'.............. :shock:

When my bunnies had one of these years ago I ended up taking it away from them too. They were incredibly vulnerable to stasis, and it just didn't look safe to me.

I bought two of these for my buns. They had lots of toys for chrimbo so haven't savaged these yet but will keep an eye on them for when they do.

My guys arent bothered by it :? They dont do anything with it!

However, they also have the carrot tree and ate all the rope off the base for that :eek: it looked horrid, so I painted it green. They havent chewer it since all the rope went :roll:

Mine had one and destroyed the 'straw' stuff on it. I then threw it (and kept the carrots for a while until they all disappeared :lol:) cos I was concerned about what they might be eating.

i had one and was also worried as poppy eats anything! she had eaten the whole thing in a hour :shock: luckyily she has a gut made of steel and had no problems digesting it! xx

Does anyone else have the 'Carrot Play Patch' shown here?
http://www.vagavalley.co.uk/bunnysupplies/grass_and_sissal.html

I bought it for Dylan & he loved it & I assumed it was all totally edible & therefore safe.
However, he has nibbled along the edges & pulled off some of the edging which is fine but it has revealed what looks like glue on the side of the patch now which I'm horrified at.
Surely it can't be safe if it's glue - I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as safe glue?!
Anyway it's been taken away from him (which he's not very happy about!) but does anyone who owns this toy have any ideas? Has this happened to you too? Is there an alternative to glue that looks like dried glue but isn't! :?

Yes exactly the same when I bought one a few years back - immediately chucked it in the bin and never bought one again!

Mine did have one... but demolished it in 2 hours. :roll: :lol: I saw the glue too but left it because it said 100% safe for rabbits but now the glue has gone and no problems. :wave:

I will be emailing p@h tomorrow on this. Will let you know.

Thanks please do as will be interested in their reply :wave:
At the moment he's still not having it as he is in to anything & everything so knowing him he'd nibble the glue stuff just to see what it tasted like :roll:

Back