• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hay racks.

shadow05

Mama Doe
does anybody know where to get good sized hay racks for rabbit from. im trying to get may hands on a large one for scooter cause the one hes got now is tiny. he will only eat it properly from hay racks ive tryed putting it on floor but he either wees on it or ignores it.

2cncmyd.jpg

This is a bag holder from IKEA the are a decent size but just look small as the buns are quite big.

2cncmyd.jpg

This is a bag holder from IKEA the are a decent size but just look small as the buns are quite big.

ill have to see if i can get my hands on one of them. the only problem is that ikea is ages away from where i live :(. i really liked that one when i saw it too

Look on ebay there are often on there as well, you may have to pay a bit more but at least you havent got the petrol costs of going there and the expense of everything else you will come home with ;)

I have one similar to the one shadow05 uses for Sidney, except its a 1/2 basket that attaches to the wall.
Just got it from a garden centre.
They could be attached to anything really, not just a wall.
Buns seem to like it so thats good.

I'm just looking at the ikea bag holders on ebay.. they are £5 including delivery... I'm wondering if it would go sideways on so that I can stuff the hay in from the door and can be accesed by more than one rabbit?

we put a half moon basket out for duke and libby but they didnt really touch it, we think they will go for a full round one which hangs so will try it out soon :D

I also posted on another thread earlier. I used to have a half moon basket.
a la
hayrack2.jpg

and now have a veg rack that I got from homebase, which holds a lot more.
hayrack1.jpg

As I posted on another hay thread earlier...
They have one of the green boredom breaker racks in their upstairs and in their shed have a hay roller, which they definately prefer, and its a decent enough size.
http://www.discountedpetproducts.net/ROLLIN__THE_HAY_MANGER-UKP67400.html
I got mine for £1 from ebay, but its not a bad price anyway.

Jura at the hay roller by Chocolate Bubbles, on Flickr

i like this one but i think hed knock it over this is my favourite out of them all so far i did like the hanging one which seemed like a good idea but i might get him two now

i like this one but i think hed knock it over this is my favourite out of them all so far i did like the hanging one which seemed like a good idea but i might get him two now

It can hang on the cage bars too, but I'm not sure I have a photo, even my lumps don't knock it over :)

Back