• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this hutch big enough?

Would a 6ft x 2ft x 2ft double hutch be suitable for 2 dwarf lop rabbits? They would only be sleeping in there and be in a 7ft x 5ft x 2ft run all day unless out free ranging or spending time with me. :) They would be able to go in the run in all weathers as it has a shelter in there but is the hutch big enough? :wave:

ETA: Would a single be better with there being a ramp in the double taking up space?

Last edited:
Why cant you just attach the run? Also if they get the run every day how will Blossom get exercise, if I understand right shes in a 6x2x2 hutch? :wave:

Why cant you just attach the run? Also if they get the run every day how will Blossom get exercise, if I understand right shes in a 6x2x2 hutch? :wave:

We are ordering her a 6ft x 4ft as it's just her :( and then the dwarf lops would have the 7ft one :D

ETA: We can't attach the run as we would need it on paving slabs and the only place it would all fit is on the grass and my parents would never let me have a run permanently on the grass. :roll: We have to move the run from grass to decking every now and then and we couldn't carry the hutch too and it wouldn't fit on deck anyway. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks :) I was going to get a single 6ft with attached run but don't have anywhere to put it permanently! :oops: We just have enough room for a 6ft or double 6ft so I'm glad that sounds ok! :) If I got them. they would be going out in a huge run everyday anyway. :thumb:

Id go with the double hutch rather than the single, the ramp doesnt take up that much space and it gives them that little bit more room! :D

Goodluck and i hope your able to give those special bunnies a home ;) :love:

Even sleeping in there would mean a good few hours in there per night.

Dwarf lops can get to quite a large size too.

Sorry to sound critical but I wouldn't keep rabbits in there without an attached good sized run.

Even sleeping in there would mean a good few hours in there per night.

Dwarf lops can get to quite a large size too.

Sorry to sound critical but I wouldn't keep rabbits in there without an attached good sized run.

The lops are already fully grown. :) Even if there was an attached run, they probably wouldn't have access to the run at night. I thought a 6ft single was the miniumum and what I'd be providing is double that...

Back