• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it a good idea or not ?

traceymadigan

Warren Scout
Bit of background info first ,i have 6 rabbits ,snowy and pepper ,giants and bonded living outside ,sugar ,spice and humphrey ,bonded and outside and charlie house rabbit .
Charlie has the run of an 18ft kitchen 24/7 but is not allowed in the front room anymore as he wees everywhere in there for some reason ,now i feel sorry for him as he is sitting with his head through the safety gate wanting to come in front room ,
i would like to get him a friend but oh says no more rabbits so was wondering whether to try sugar with him and move her inside ?
I will feel mean as spice is her sister but at least everyone will have a friend then ,really dont know what to do just feel so sorry for charlie at the mo :(

I personally don't think its ok to separate bonded pairs/groups unless its in the best interest of the rabbits in that group, and if they are working fine, then its unfair to separate them, it could cause the remaining pair to fight, Sugar to not bond with either group/single once separated.

What about waiting until spring and then bonding him into one of the pairs/groups? and having two trios or a pair and a quad?

I personally don't think its ok to separate bonded pairs/groups unless its in the best interest of the rabbits in that group, and if they are working fine, then its unfair to separate them, it could cause the remaining pair to fight, Sugar to not bond with either group/single once separated.

What about waiting until spring and then bonding him into one of the pairs/groups? and having two trios or a pair and a quad?

Could do but then i dont have a house rabbit and also the back garden is flagged and he is a rex so would be worried about his hocks :cry:

Think i have got the immediate problem solved now,i got some puppy training pads and put them on the carpet on the patch where he was weeing and he now wees on them instead so panic over for now as he is all happy again now he can come in the front room with us again ,he was having a major sulk in the kitchen while he was shut in there and wouldnt even come out of his cage lol

Back