• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

London Marathon - running for RWAF. Pic of me added (Post 32) for anyone watching it

Tracy

Warren Veteran
On 17 April I will be taking part in the Virgin London Marathon and I will be running for rabbits. :D I have run half marathons before, but this will be my first full one.

I've decided to use my place to try and raise some funds for the Rabbit Welfare Association & Fund who work hard to improve the lives of pet rabbits across the UK. http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/index.php

I contacted RWAF about this last year, but have waited until now before setting up my sponsorship page as I wanted to see how I coped with the training over the winter. The training isn't easy, in fact to be truthful it's gruelling, but I'm gradually building up the length of my runs week by week. I did 15 miles yesterday morning, so I've only got to add on another 11 and I've cracked it. :lol:

I would be so very grateful of your support. I really want to make all this training worthwhile and raise as much as I can for the RWAF. My Justgiving fundraising page can be found here http://www.justgiving.com/Tracy-Hamilton All sponsorship goes directly to RWAF. :)

If you aren't able to support me with pennies, then moral support will be very much appreciated. I'm now at the most difficult part of my training as the runs are getting longer and longer. At the end of my 15 mile run yesterday I thought to myself...how on earth am I going to manage another 11 :shock: but moral support and determination will get me there....I hope.

Thanks

Tracy xx

Last edited:
If I had the courage and strength to run a marathon this is what I would like to run it for too! Good Luck!

done :) good luck, hubby has started running recently and hopes to do a marathon like you

will you be running in a bunny costume? or at least with some bunny ears? :D

Last edited:
done :) good luck, hubby has started running recently and hopes to do a marathon like you

will you be running in a bunny costume? or at least with some bunny ears? :D

Thank you :wave:

I'm not running in a bunny costume, but I think I could just about manage the extra weight of a pair of bunny ears. :D

You go girl! And very well done for getting out there and putting in the training. I'm just about to start an 8 week training schedule for my very first half marathon in March :shock: so I don't envy you doing the full 26.2 miles (don't forget the 0.2 miles at the end!!). The furthest I've run to date is 6 miles :roll:. Best of luck and just remember that when you're flagging near the end, you can ALWAYS run just a little bit further than you think you can!

Thank you :wave:

I'm not running in a bunny costume, but I think I could just about manage the extra weight of a pair of bunny ears. :D

i'll keep an eye out for you on telly - get some facepaint on too - they might interview you! :D

Best of luck with this, I did it in 2008 and it is very hard indeed, but crossing the finish line is really emotional and you'll feel so proud of yourself. Excellent cause as well :D. If you want to know anything about the day itself, or anything else, please PM me.

Ooh good for you! I'm running it too (also for the first time) and I wondered about doing it for a rabbit charity. I haven't decided yet though. I'm impressed that you're up to 15 miles already - I only did 10 this weekend!

ooh wow! Thats great! My sister & I applied but no luck...maybe next year - but I usually hand out water at mile 17 - so will look out for those bunny ears!:wave:

Best of luck with this, I did it in 2008 and it is very hard indeed, but crossing the finish line is really emotional and you'll feel so proud of yourself. Excellent cause as well :D. If you want to know anything about the day itself, or anything else, please PM me.

Thank you - I may well have a few questions about the day as it's gets nearer. :)

Ooh good for you! I'm running it too (also for the first time) and I wondered about doing it for a rabbit charity. I haven't decided yet though. I'm impressed that you're up to 15 miles already - I only did 10 this weekend!

Good for you too. :wave:

It's good to run for something that's really close to your heart. That's why I chose rabbits as I'm hoping it will keep me going when it gets really tough. :)

ooh wow! Thats great! My sister & I applied but no luck...maybe next year - but I usually hand out water at mile 17 - so will look out for those bunny ears!:wave:

I've been applying for the last three years, so third time lucky for me.

Might see you at mile 17 then, hopefully I should still be in a reasonable state at that point.

Just wanted to say a massive

GOOD LUCK!!!!

for the marathon on Sunday! I'll keep my eyes open for the rabbit ears on TV!

I hope the day goes well and you manage to enjoy the experience as well xx

(Have made a small donation on your page, great amount, hope you get a few more over the next few days :D)

Back