• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Insurance: How much do you let a bill get to at the vets before you claim?

I don't have insurance, but I'd say as soon as it went over the excess :wave::wave:

You probably still can claim. You have to claim within 12 months I think.

Generally I would wait until the treatment has ended and then put in a claim if it's over the excess. If it was a long term treatment I would probably put in my claim after a couple of months and then put in a continuation claim every couple months

i claim straight away and if its going to be a longterm problem i ask for a direct claim ie when pearl first got ill and didnt seem to get better as soon as investigations were suggested i asked the vets to set up a direct claim with petplan so i only had to pay the excess to the vets

You probably still can claim. You have to claim within 12 months I think.

Generally I would wait until the treatment has ended and then put in a claim if it's over the excess. If it was a long term treatment I would probably put in my claim after a couple of months and then put in a continuation claim every couple months

I might contact PetPlan and ask them then :)

Thankas Stator

I would otherwise whats the point in paying for insurance?

I didnt want to claim for ever single thing, especially as it now appears Ginger's going to be an expensive bunny.

Biccys clicked straight in and Petplan paid out the money for his stasis ep and emergency vets etc.

Wonder how much the premiums go up by if you keep claiming? :?

I didnt want to claim for ever single thing, especially as it now appears Ginger's going to be an expensive bunny.

Biccys clicked straight in and Petplan paid out the money for his stasis ep and emergency vets etc.

Wonder how much the premiums go up by if you keep claiming? :?

It doesn't make much difference, it goes up every year with age anyway so claim everything you can!

My vet asks if you have insurance and who with. The minute you are over your Excess a claim goes in on your behalf, once treatment has finished.

Back