• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do you think i should rehome flosso?

kk_kayla

Mama Doe
flosso's brother lexo died at the weekend...and he seems soo sad and lonely...he has never ever been on his own and i'm not able to get another rabbit so i think in order for him to have a great and happy life maybe i should find a home for him with a female rabbit who he can be bonded with..?
but i would prefer some opinions on this?

May I ask why you can't get another? You had 2 before didn't you?

I'd say do whats best for him, but either way, you need to check he's ok and hasn't got what killed your other bun.

I dont know your situation, so please don't take my comment as 'unthoughtful' or 'blunt' but...

You had 2 bunnies before so why 'cant' you get another friend for Flosso?

Otherwise, i'd say yes, unfortunately, as he'll be grieving for his brother/friend and be lonely.

unfortunitly i am not allowed as my partner and his brother ( who live in my house) feel as though i have to many.( i have another 3 indoor rabbits)
oh and 4 babies.)
so i agreed to get no more rabbits.
so its either he lives on his own...or i rehome him where he can live alongside another rabbit.
i would bring him in the house but he didnt like it inside ( not used to all the noise)

i'm not allowed....they are not happy with how many rabbits i have as it is and wanted me to rehome most of them and keep only 1.
but they said this is it now no more....

A baby bun could live outside couldn't it? They'd be young enough to adapt once the weather warms up

i'm not allowed to keep the baby ones....its a nightmare at the minute...they are still trying to make me give up at least 2 rabbits...also at the minute my bf is paying for their food and hay and vets bills. ( i dont work im a stay at home mummy)

Normally I'd say rehome him. There are plenty of people who rehome their bunnies when they get down to one and don't want or can't have any more and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's very selfless to give up a pet you love so that s/he can live a better life.

However, since you have other bunnies I think you should try bonding him with one of your other bunnies or into an existing pair before giving him up.
If one of your rabbits has just had babies I would definitely be rehoming those before rehoming an older rabbit if the issue is that you have too many.

edit: just saw that you are rehoming the babies. I would hold out and hopefully once the babies are gone your partner will be a bit more relaxed.

yh that definatly makes sense....but my indoor ones are indoor ones?? so would it be ok for 1 to go outside?
also he is a fair bit bigger than my female rabbit ( who i could try bonding with him) actually hes a lot bigger ( shes a lionhead and hes a dutch)

and my partner said to me..oh and his brother

rehome all your rabbits and keep 1 of the babies

which i was pretty mad at them saying....they are very keep for me to get rid of all my rabbits and just have 1 so i dont really want to push their buttons anymore

yh that definatly makes sense....but my indoor ones are indoor ones?? so would it be ok for 1 to go outside?
also he is a fair bit bigger than my female rabbit ( who i could try bonding with him) actually hes a lot bigger ( shes a lionhead and hes a dutch)

if you wait until spring when the weathers warmer then inside bunnies are fine to go outside. If you already have a single female then it's really ideal if you can bond the two together (assuming both are neutered, obviously!) as they both get a friend :)

size difference is no problem, I have 2 nethie crosses living with a french lop:)

if you wait until spring when the weathers warmer then inside bunnies are fine to go outside. If you already have a single female then it's really ideal if you can bond the two together (assuming both are neutered, obviously!) as they both get a friend :)

size difference is no problem, I have 2 nethie crosses living with a french lop:)

georgie_f has a giant (thistle) with a dwarf lop (brian). Both males too. They look hilarious :lol: But oh so cute :)

I am going to disagree with the majority here...it sounds like you may have too many rabbits as it is, so getting another isn't a good idea, so I would rehome, but do it responsibly, get him neutered and vaccinated if he isn't already, advertise on here and RR, homecheck the people who are interested.

I don't think it is in the rabbits best interest to keep him if you can't provide what he needs

I remember now! Your BF's brother's sister's supposed to be moving in with her dog isn't she? (thought I remembered then had to look it up to check...)

I take it that situation didn't get resolved? :(

Sounds like everyone in your house is being a bit mean to you at the moment, especially since you've just lost one of your pets. Tell them how upset you are (I saw your earlier thread) and try and get them to understand that they are NOT helping and could they please lay off you until you feel better. :cry:

I don't really know what to suggest but I wanted to give you a big ((((hug)))).

I'm not really sure what to suggest sorry, I would say do what you think is best for Flosso, which well done you for already thinking of him. One of your indoor buns could go outside once the weather warms up and be bonded to him. Are your indoor buns male/female, neutered/spayed and bonded/single?? They would both need to be spayed/neutered. I would say try to bond him with a spayed female of yours if you can, size doesn't matter one of my buns is a dwarf and the other is a fair bit bigger and they get along fine. Or if not it may be in his best interest to rehome him sorry, especially if you have enough rabbits already as your bf says. But to make it easier for you put him for adoption on here as then you will know he will be going to a genuine, good home and if they are a regular member you could get to see updates on him.

I'm sorry for the difficult situation you must be in xxx

Back