• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO Blackberry & Co

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Blackers,

did i read that Clover was ill and had to go emergency vets? :(

Is he okay now?

Gray

Thank you :wave:

I was too stressed to post about it yesterday!

I went to clean them out at 12 noon, he ate his pellets, threw the rubbish bag over, was generally being pesky with Dan, then he went into the litter tray and lay fully stretched out, which he never does. I gave him some tummy rubs, and he kept stretching out and rolling on his side :(, so I took him in and my mum (the tummy rub expert) nursed him while I finished the cleaning to see if she could shift his gas.

(In the meantime Blackie & Butter were getting impatient - Blackie went upstairs and turned the litter tray upside down and kicked the contents all over the floor, and Buttercup picked up the food bowl and threw it down the ramp :shock: Remind me never to keep those two waiting again....)

Clo still kept stretching out, so we had to book an emergency appointment - by the time we got to the vets his tummy was full of gas with no bowel sounds - it was so quick:shock:

He had metacam, zantac & metclopramide, and his temperature was a bit low, so she advised us to keep him in overnight, so he and Dan camped under the table with a puppy pen around them, which they seemed to enjoy. They were very good, I hardly heard a sound out of them all night apart from the munching of hay.

He had to have oral metaclopramide last night and this morning, but he seems fine again now :D

It's been ages since he had any big tummy problems - usually a few rubs will ease the gas out.

Luckily it was our best vet on duty who knows him well, and she knows how much we've spent on vets fees lately (Blackie £150 dental after Christmas, Louis £120 last week) so she halved the fee (Clo has insurance but has a gut exclusion because of previous problems)

Oh the joys of rabbit ownership!!!!!

Thank you :wave:

I was too stressed to post about it yesterday!

I went to clean them out at 12 noon, he ate his pellets, threw the rubbish bag over, was generally being pesky with Dan, then he went into the litter tray and lay fully stretched out, which he never does. I gave him some tummy rubs, and he kept stretching out and rolling on his side :(, so I took him in and my mum (the tummy rub expert) nursed him while I finished the cleaning to see if she could shift his gas.

(In the meantime Blackie & Butter were getting impatient - Blackie went upstairs and turned the litter tray upside down and kicked the contents all over the floor, and Buttercup picked up the food bowl and threw it down the ramp :shock: Remind me never to keep those two waiting again....)

Clo still kept stretching out, so we had to book an emergency appointment - by the time we got to the vets his tummy was full of gas with no bowel sounds - it was so quick:shock:

He had metacam, zantac & metclopramide, and his temperature was a bit low, so she advised us to keep him in overnight, so he and Dan camped under the table with a puppy pen around them, which they seemed to enjoy. They were very good, I hardly heard a sound out of them all night apart from the munching of hay.

He had to have oral metaclopramide last night and this morning, but he seems fine again now :D

It's been ages since he had any big tummy problems - usually a few rubs will ease the gas out.

Luckily it was our best vet on duty who knows him well, and she knows how much we've spent on vets fees lately (Blackie £150 dental after Christmas, Louis £120 last week) so she halved the fee (Clo has insurance but has a gut exclusion because of previous problems)

Oh the joys of rabbit ownership!!!!!

Cripes,Blackers.Didnt know this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Noserubs to all the gang.xxxx

jeebus.

He's feeling much better now i take it?

:(

Damn sensitive guts eh?

Very sensitive! I have been giving them a pinch of dried plantain all week, to see if he was ok with it. They all seemed fine (Clo is the most sensitive) so yesterday I gave them 2 pinches (which is only a small amount).

I never give new foods on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday just in case of problems cos the vets fees are so much more expensive out of hours. But I thought I was safe with this one.

He seems fine now :D

I missed this too, glad Clover is better now. Isn't it scary just how quickly they can fall ill :shock:

I hope Blackberry and Butters calmed down after their strop :lol:

:shock:

I don't think you'll need reminding not to keep them waiting :lol: Glad he's ok.

I missed this too, glad Clover is better now. Isn't it scary just how quickly they can fall ill :shock:

I hope Blackberry and Butters calmed down after their strop :lol:

Well, have just been out to tuck them up for bed, and I'm out for a few hours on Monday at Brownies, so I'm not popping down to see them so often....they have overturned the food bowl and one of the litter trays .....goodness knows what chaos there will be in the morning :lol:

I didn't see this either, hope he's on the mend now bless him. Really nice of your vet to reduce the bill as well :D

I didn't see this either, hope he's on the mend now bless him. Really nice of your vet to reduce the bill as well :D

I think she felt sorry for us, especially when we mentioned the leaking water tank which went through some electrics, and the broken fridge freezer - it's an expensive month and we're only half way through it. I've also got the car tax, insurance & MOT due at the end of January :shock:

Back