• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

feeling tramatised after death of lexo :(

kk_kayla

Mama Doe
he was my first rabbit ( well floso and lexo)
ive never really seen a dead animal before ( apart from the kits that died)
its all i think about i just cant get it out of my head....the thing that has freaked me out the most is when i was going to feed them i had a really bad feeling ( for no apparent reason) i even said to my boyfriend, i ve got a bad feeling. and when i was opening the shed door i opened is slowly and peered inside...couldnt believe lexo is dead....i was shaking all over....i just cant come to terms with it.
and i always though rabbits died on their side and went floppy....so the fact lexo died on his back with him feed in the air and was so stiff...just i dont know....i dont want to say freaked me out but if did.
i still dont know how he died...i already buried him so can take him to the vet to see why....flosso is fine though...they both had their injections about 8 months ago so they should have been protected against the obvious diseases....it just hurts not knowing was he in pain....why he died??
was it something i did? and he was in the brick shed....and i know on a few occasions there have been mice running in the garden...could he have had a heart attack??
sorry i just cant get over it?? i'm thinking of rehoming flosso so that he can be paired with a female rabbit....hes seems lonely and had never been without his brother so i dont want him to be lonely....so for the best maybe i should try and find him a home with a female rabbit?
i just dont know what to do?

Oh sweetie it's horrible, isn't it?

Not sure what to say but didn't want to read and run.

Sending you hugs ((((((hugs))))))

:love:

I'm so sorry about Lexo xxx It's a horrible shock when a pet dies, I can't think what it must be like if you don't know the cause. Try to think about the good times he had and now he is at the bridge happy xxx How many bunnies do you have? Where are they housed? I ask this if you have any other bunnies you can bond Lexo's brother with if he's neutered? I would spend as much time with Flosso as you can, he will enjoy your company. I'm really sorry about Lexo and I hope you are ok xxx

he is neutered i have 3 indoor bunnies....but flosso didnt seem as happy indoors as he does outdoors. i have 2 females and 1 male lionhead indoors...but im not sure if they would accept him or not. but i spend as much time with flosso as i can now....ive got hom hutch really close to the patio doors so i can seem him from the living room.

Back