• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

North east members - rescue closing

I wonder why - such a shame for local buns and other furries. That's where my gorgeous pair came from.
I currently pay them a donation each month, presumably someone will tell me to stop?

Well I think since they actually only have one bun left i'd just stop it now myself. I'm really surprised and Pixies is trying to wind theirs up too so it'll be a big blow to the north east. Gah if I only have more space and a husband who wouldn't divorce me if I started rescuing :(

Well I think since they actually only have one bun left i'd just stop it now myself. I'm really surprised and Pixies is trying to wind theirs up too so it'll be a big blow to the north east. Gah if I only have more space and a husband who wouldn't divorce me if I started rescuing :(

me too :lol:
I just worry about all the unloved buns out there - all those on preloved from near us as well. P@H will be inundated. Unless the RSPCA is setting somehting else up? My friend takes in RSPCA dogs on contract so I will text her to see if she knows anyhting.

Two cats, three piggies, four rabbits a hamster and 2 cockatiels later I think i've really pushed him to the limit. I have NOTHING left to bargin with :lol:

I looked at the pact rabbits and am desperately racking my brains for something anything i can use to bargin with and there is nothing :(

i told hubby he could get a new car if we could move house :lol: im pleased to say we have a nice new car and a lovely cosy house :D

if you cant house any then there are lots of other things you can do to help :D

for example i still have on my list to contact daybreak as someone told me they did a piece on rabbit welfare recently... if you want to take that off my hands?? ;)

that's sad
and Mrs Ord..is that Pixie rabbit on here stopping?
She hasn't been going long and I know has had a lot of personal changes:(

Yes there is only 1 bun left who has been returned through no fault of his own. I thought about maybe taking it on though a lot smaller and buns only but I just havent the time for fund raising - so am fostering for pawz instead.

that's sad
and Mrs Ord..is that Pixie rabbit on here stopping?
She hasn't been going long and I know has had a lot of personal changes:(

I may have the wrong end of the stick but i'm pretty sure i've seen her mention she is trying to downsize :? She wont be going anytime soon though as she is being flooded with rabbits at the minute. Also I think she is trying to wind up the Newcastle part and transfering to Hartlepool as she lives there now. Her old housemate was keeping a lot of the buns and rehoming in Newcastle but not sure if he is keeping it running or just homing the ones they currently have there.

I dont think Pixierabbit moved down to hartlepool in the end because she split with the lad she was going to move down there with, shes still up here back with her ex, i know shes being flooded with rabbits at the moment though! i just wish i had the space to foster more rabbits for her :(

They had fosterers in a few places but Diane and Joanne were the main people, they gave a Sunderland and a Newcastle phone number but my 2 were fostered with someone in Blyth. I think Nicola on here was fostering some gerbils for them.
If you go through the RSPCA Newcastle website, for small animals it redirects you to their site.

For the time I fostered for them their 'turnaround' of gettings buns rehomed was I think pretty good but then again I don't know what the 'average' rate would be. My 3 are NRSA buns.

Just to say that I had an email back from Diane at NRSA to say I should stop my standing order to them at the end of Feb.
I did an internet search last night and Pawz For Thought seem to have alot of buns on their site. I have no experience of them but at least there is somewhere taking in buns in the Tyne & Wear area.

Back